X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • David Meek
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Club Nottingham Analog Interest?

Hello all. I'm a brand new Nottingham Analog Horizon owner. I'm thrilled with this turntable and want to know more about it and the whole NA line of products. Are you interested in a club? I am. Sign up and let's get rolling!

David - HTGuide flunky
    Our "Theater"
    Our DVDs on DVD Tracker

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin
  • Burke Strickland
    • Sep 2001

I'll be interested to see how much interest there is for a "Club Rega" er, "Club Nottingham". :>) If there aren't very many takers on a "Club Nottingham", then maybe it should be "Club Turntable" -- although really, even that might be too specialized. If all else fails, there's still the "Audio Hideout" to discuss all things vinyl (except siding). :>)

Good luck -

Burke

What you DON'T say may be held against you...

Comment

• RogueAngel
      • Jun 2002

I like the Club Turntable idea. I have a Denon DP62L that I am beginning a DIY project to replace the tonearm and the plinth. I'm first constructing a new tonearm (I have most of the raw materials on hand) and will then do a new plinth. I will probably add some height and weight to the platter and add a sandbox or air suspension for the plinth.

Are there may of us here that are still spinning LP's?

Comment

• David Meek
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

Hi Rogue, been a while. The three of us and maybe George Bellefontaine and John Holmes. The rest. . . I have no idea. Good question tho'. Post it in Audio Hideout and see if you get any nibbles.

Building your own tonearm? That's awesome. :T

David - HTGuide flunky
        Our "Theater"
        Our DVDs on DVD Tracker

Comment

• RogueAngel
          • Jun 2002

Well, I did it. The tonearm is basically finished. I am amazed at the difference. Better imaging and detail, but what blows me away is the slam of the bass. I was having a hard time believing that a tonearm could make that much of a difference. Well, I was wrong. Now all I have to do is move the new arm to a permanent installation. Gonna have to go through my whole collection of LP's a re-listen to every one of them. Tried posting a pic in the gallery, but something went wrong. :cry: I have to give great credit to Schroeder for the idea for the magnetic pivot........... totally amazing.

Bobbi

Comment

• David Meek
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2000

Hi ya Bobbi,

Here's a link to Mats' lastest post on how put photos in The Gallery:
            1. Gallery Additions

Scroll down to the last entry. Hope this helps. I'd really like to see pictures. . . .

David - HTGuide flunky
            Our "Theater"
            Our DVDs on DVD Tracker

Comment

• RogueAngel
              • Jun 2002

If I can ever get this figured out...................arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggghhhhh

:cry:

Comment

• RogueAngel
                • Jun 2002

Success, my pic finally loaded correctly. Got it dialed in last night and and all i can say is I'm extremely pleased with the results. I guess a new DIY phono pre-amp has to be next! Here's what it looks like with just a bit to go.

Bobbi

Comment

• David Meek
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Aug 2000

All right Bobbi! Nice job on the tonearm. What tools did you use for setting the cartridge?

I saw your gallery images and noticed the Anacortes weather report. Where are you located? Reason being, we just bought a house on Orcas Island.

David - HTGuide flunky
                  Our "Theater"
                  Our DVDs on DVD Tracker

Comment

• RogueAngel
                    • Jun 2002

I used autocad to make my protractor and offset angle guides along with a spreadsheet I got on-line for calculating the parameters given effective length. VTF is set with a digital pocket scale.

I live in Des Moines,WA and work in Pioneer Square here in Seattle.

Thanks for the compliment. I'm just happy it sounds so good.

Comment

• RogueAngel
                      • Jun 2002

I decided that more modifications to the turntable were necessary. The tonearm overhung the rear of the plinth by over an inch. This meant that use of the old dustcover was no longer possible. Time for another DIY. Measured everything and decided that the dustcover would have to be much larger than the old. So I constructed a new base for the turntable to set in. Between the old plinth and the new base I placed three layers of bubble wrap. I removed the feet from the old plinth and mounted three of them on the new base. It looks a bit imposing, but I did realize an improvement, mainly in the bass. Another success! I've posted some new photos in the gallery.

Bobbi

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      😂
                      🥰
                      😘
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😞
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎
                      Searching...Please wait.
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                      Search Result for "|||"