X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Yasvanth
    • Jun 2006

Hi Unkhman,

Your talking my sort of language. Like you I also purchased the MF A5cr Pre & Pwr amps second hand and I think they are just awesome pieces of high end audio . Like you I used to use VDH D 102 III interconnects but I found them too smooth in the treble and made my music a bit slow sounding. I eventually changed the interconnects to Nordost Red Dawn and the sound was just in a different league speed,detail and it definetly tightend up the midrange.

I also upgraded the MF A5cr Pwr amps freebie lead to a VDH cable and again the soundstage was huge with far far greater detail and dynamics.

I am using just a midrange Arcam CD72T player and it sounds great. but I am still getting some bass boom when playing R'n'B music, so I am thinking of changing my VDH spk cables to Nordost Blue Heaven when finances are better.

What do you actually think of the A5CD player, A5cr Pre amp and A5cr Pwr amps when combined together?

Do you listen to much R'n'B, Rock' n'Roll , Dance, Pop etc?

Happy Listening from a fellow MF A5 Pre & Pwr owner!

Yas

Comment

• unkhman
      • Sep 2007

Hi Yas

About the VDH cables, nothing slow sounding here! Anyway, I'm still recovering from that fair blow of paying the set, so any improvements in the interconnect/mains department have to wait until later on, first I'm going to enjoy the new set. I've still plenty to listen to if I want to play my whole cd-collection...

What I think of the A5 cdplaye? I only once replaced it shortly for my old Tjoeb, which is still in my possesion. That sounded more dark, a fatter sound, more 'tubelike'. With the A5 player I'll get more detail, width of the soundscape, and the sound is clearer/cleaner too. I think it has those parameters in common with the A5 pre-power amps, so they match very good I think. The former owner had bought a set of Proac Studio 140's (if I ever gonna substitute my speakers, that's my next brand!), but that did not match at all! The Proacs are too bright themselves, I think the A5's are better partnered with more dark sounding speakers.

I listen to a lot of different kinds of music, including pop, soul, jazz, classical and sometimes some dance (but only the old 'masters' like Stevie Wonder and Michael Jackson). But what the Primaluna did not do well - substracting all the layers of music out of very buzy mixes out of which many of my favourite music does excist - the A5 combo does superb!

I have a free weekend in store so my girlfriend better make some plans for herself as I am not gonna move an inch on the couch in front of the speakers (I will get my own beer out of the freez in that case...).

Cheers!

Comment

• Laurent
        • Dec 2006

Power cables

Hi,

I have an A5 integrated amp and the associated A5 CD player. I am wondering what your experience is with power cables?

Does it solve an issue or does it improve the sound quality? Is it helpful to both the CD player and amp?

regards,

Laurent

Comment

• Yasvanth
          • Jun 2006

Hi Laurent,

Well I can definetly say that upgrading your pwr cable will show dramatic differences in the way your sound system will sound like. Expect to hear a far wider soundstage, able to listen to music for a longer period of time without fatigue creeping in, less distortion with far greater detail.

I'm using a RA Reference PowerKord for my Arcam CD72T and there is a huge change in the way music sounds compared to the crappy freebie lead that came with the CD player in the first place.

But if you are thinking of changing your pwr cable, don't rush out and buy the first cable that your Hifi dealer has recommended. Ask whether you can have a home trial. So if you find out there is no improvement you can just hand it back, and say no thanks.

You asked , whether there will be a difference to your MF A5 CD Player and A5 Integrated. Well you will have to experiment and see whether you do notice a difference in it's sound once the pwr cables are upgraded.

Good Luck!

Yas

Comment

• Laurent
            • Dec 2006

thanks for your feedback Yas. I find this intriguing that there is such a dramatic difference but as you wrote the only way to decide for oneself is to test which is what I will certainly do. I have recently set up a blind test for speaker cables and have taken my buying decision based on the results so I might just do that again for power cords. In the meantime I have found an interesting article that describes a blind test to evaluate power cables. The conclusion is not what you'd expect....
            Home Theater Systems and Audio Components | Audio Visual Equipment Product Reviews, Technical AV Guides, Home Theater Equipment and Product Reviews

cheers,

Laurent

Comment

• Yasvanth
              • Jun 2006

Hello everybody,

I would like to know whether anybody uses Nordost interconnects and spk cables with there MF amps, and do they think these cables will be a perfect match for that MF sound?

Thanks

Yas

Comment

• collectslps
                • Jan 2007

Upgraded to MF A300 Integrated

I recently purchased a MF A300 integrated. Am using Rega P3 front with 2 pairs of Kimber 4VS bi-wire to Genesis Tech Genre I speakers (87 db 4 ohm). If I wanted to gain more detail, what speakers would you recommend as a next step?

Comment

• Yasvanth
                  • Jun 2006

Hi

Does anybody use Nordost interconnects and spk cables with there MF amps,and do they think it is a good match?

Thanks
                  Y

Comment

• Laurent
                    • Dec 2006

Hi Yas,

I have recently borrowed some speaker cables and interconnects from local dealers to set up a blind test at home. I started out testing the interconnects and then when I had narrowed my choice down to two models (Nordost Red Dawn & Analysis Plus Solo Crystal Oval) I did blind test the speaker cables (twice).

The tests took the whole week end and to make a long story short I thought the Nordost Red Dawn were quite detailed and open but for some reason I thought they missed the overal neutrality I would expect on the whole spectrum. In fact I thought they were too high in the upper range and the overall sound was a bit too forward to me. When listening to one of my familiar test songs (una furtiva lagrima from l'elisir d'amore sung by Pavarotti) I felt a real aggression. I did test the Nordost Blue Heaven which were not as good as the Red Dawn and eventually ruled them both out.

But hey, that's just me right? I did the tests with my wife and a friend both totally skeptic about the impact of speaker cables and interconnects on the overall sound quality. One of the key learnings after the tests was the effective differences we all could hear between the different configurations.

Anyway, testing is fun and it is really what you want to do when you have this hobby I suppose :-)

I found both the Oyaide Or-800 and Analysis Plus Crystal Oval to be the best speaker cables during my test. Both extremely open, fast and detailed and most importantly more respectful of the overall spectrum. I decided to go for Analysis Plus bi-wire together with the interconnect.

One last comment, the Nordost cables I tested are cheaper than the ones I finally bought so I probably should have tested another Nordost model to be comparing equivalent models. But hey, it's just a hobby and I'm not a professional tester right? I simply want to share my feedback and don't imply anything more.

cheers,

Laurent

Comment

• Yasvanth
                      • Jun 2006

Hi everybody,

If anyone's interested there is a MF KW500 amp for sale on Ebay UK.
                      For me, it's not really my type. It an ugly thing compared to the more slimline and perfectly proportioned A3.5 and A5 amps but it is one hell of a beast.

Happy Listening! :T

Yas

Comment

• unkhman
                        • Sep 2007

Musical Fidelity Alert!

Hi everyone!

It seems Musical Fidelity is going to introduce a brand new line soon:

"MUSICAL FIDELITY to release a new value priced integrated amp dubbed the a5.5. WITH a built in DAC and 250 wpc. Price? ~$3,000!"

source: http://www.stereomojo.com

I also read this news on the site of the Dutch VAD hifi show we're the Dutch importer of Musical Fidelity - Viertron - is going to show the new A5.5 amplifier. It's too soon, I've only have the A5 pre/pow/de just for 2 months now!!! :M

Cheers!

Comment

• Yasvanth
                          • Jun 2006

Hi

Looks like you may have to sell your fantastic MF A5 Pre & Pwr amps if the new A5.5 amp is coming out soon!

But would you really do that, just to keep up with the latest hifi technology?

Yas

Comment

• unkhman
                            • Sep 2007

NO WAY Yas I'm selling my set!!! I'm still recovering from that huge hole buying the a5 set left in my pocket! And it just sounds to darn good! And it is just the way musical fidelity works, every line they produce only lasts for about 2 years and then it is succeded by a followup line. Buying the a5.5 means you have to buy the a5.6 in two years time! Not my style, my last set lasted for about 10 years... I'm just too proud this a5 set is MINE!!!

cheers!

Comment

• CoCo
                              • Oct 2007

Hi,

I am new to the forum and am looking for some advice. I have recently purchased the A5 Integrated Amp and CD player and am considering the A5 DAB Tuner. Can anyone comment on how good the tuners and if it is worth the money?

cheers!

Comment

• uncle_dito
                                • Dec 2006

Originally posted by CoCo
                                Hi,

I am new to the forum and am looking for some advice. I have recently purchased the A5 Integrated Amp and CD player and am considering the A5 DAB Tuner. Can anyone comment on how good the tuners and if it is worth the money?

cheers!
                                Hi CoCo,
                                Welcome to the forum and congrats on your A5 combo.
                                Regarding A5 tuner, I have not heard it, but regarding "is it worth" question, I suggest you look for bargains (at ebay I have seen huge discounts for this model), as I doubt it should be worth the same as the A5 CD.
                                regards
                                Hi Fi: Audio Research VT.100mkIII, Reference 3, DAC8; Sony SCDXA5400ES; MF A1008 integrated (backup); B&W 803D (also used in HT setup); IXOS cables XHS553 (644 SPC4mm2 high purity silver speaker cable); Chord Digital Signature coaxial, Chord Optical Optichord; VDH C5 The Bay; MIT AVt 1 analogue interconnects; QNAP TS209 NAS; J River MC21
                                HT:Sony STR-DA1200ES (Front Pre Out into Reference 3 HT input); Sony SAVE-835D speakers; Sony Blu ray BDP-5000ES; REL STRATA 5; QED Reference Digital audio

Comment

• Yasvanth
                                  • Jun 2006

Hi

I'll keep this one short. Does anybody use Nordost interconnects and spk cables with there Musical Fidelity amps?

Do you think they will be a perfect match for someone who likes Dance music with a very fast pace, punch and detail ?

Thanks
                                  Yas

Comment

• CoCo
                                    • Oct 2007

thanks forn the response uncle_dito. I had seen one for GBP399 on e-bay and was tempted. If they are being sold off at such discount i was unsure if they were not that good or people were unwilling to pay this for a tuner?????. I can not fault to sound of the musical fidelity and am even considering an upgrade to an A5 pre and power or going the whole hog and getting a secondhand KW500 inter. i am only new to the hifi bug (9-12 months) and am finding it hard to stop.

Cheers
                                    CoCo

Comment

• Yasvanth
                                      • Jun 2006

Hi

Somebody has just advised me to stay away from Nordost Red Dawn interconnects when matching with MF amps as they are thin and bright. He also recommended that I try Chord Chorus interconnects as they could be a better match.

Does anybody else use these Nordost interconnects and have they changed to Chord?

Happy Listening!

Yas

Comment

• alebonau
                                        Moderator Emeritus
                                        • Oct 2005

Originally posted by unkhman
                                        NO WAY Yas I'm selling my set!!! I'm still recovering from that huge hole buying the a5 set left in my pocket! And it just sounds to darn good! And it is just the way musical fidelity works, every line they produce only lasts for about 2 years and then it is succeded by a followup line. Buying the a5.5 means you have to buy the a5.6 in two years time! Not my style, my last set lasted for about 10 years... I'm just too proud this a5 set is MINE!!!

cheers!
                                        hehe same here, and yep my previous mf pre and mono blocs took me way past the 10 year mark as well !
                                        "Technology is a drug. We can't get enough of it."

Comment

• Yasvanth
                                          • Jun 2006

HI Guys,

I think there is something not right with my system. I have an Arcam CD72T CDP, MF A5cr PRE & PWR amps, Michell Gyrodec/QC PWR Supply and Kef Reference 1:2 Spks.
                                          Cables are Nordost Red Dawn Interconnects and Van Den Hul Cleartrack Biamped Spk cables.

I just feel that it is a touch too smooth in the midrange especially with R'n'B music like Beyonce, Toni Braxton etc.

I would be very grateful if somebody could advise me on what is wrong with my system and how it could be improved upon?

P.S I am after greater detail and midrange clarity to get the best from my R'n'B and Dance music collection.

Your advice will be useful.

Thanks

Yas

Comment

• AlanBStone
                                            • Jun 2005

I do not like them as they are too bright and detailed for my classical taste but try replacing the fuse in your power block with a silver one from Audiophile Candy for £20. You will be amazed!! If you don't like it £20 is a no brainer as you can use it in your TV and it will improve that picture.

Comment

• Yasvanth
                                              • Jun 2006

Hi Alan,

How can a silver fuse make your sound system sound clearer?

It's only a fuse, and I would not even dream of spending 20 quid on a tiny thing like that. But improving my cables eg interconnects, speaker cables or power cables than that's a different matter altogether.

You mentioned that you have tried Nordost interconnects or spk cables in the past and found them far too bright. Well, I think that very much depends on the system you are using. If you have extremely revealing and bright system than these cables will just show it up for what it is. As MF equipment on the whole is refined sounding it will need extremely revealing and bright cables.

Thanks
                                              Yas

Comment

• Yasvanth
                                                • Jun 2006

MF A5cr Pre & A5cr Pwr Amp Test

Hi

About 6 months ago I purchased a pair of Nordost Red Dawn Interconnects on Ebay to upgrade the interconnects that I had before which were VDH D102 Hybrid MK3 which mostly everbody uses. The reason I changed interconnects was that I felt the music was a touch slow and smooth sounding in the midrange for my MF A5 Pre & Pwr amps.

There was definetly an improvement, the music was faster, clearer and more tighter in the midrange, but it would do when the retail price of these interconnects are around the £200 mark! Just today I decided to do a test and swap back to my previous interconnects because I felt the Nordost Red Dawns were a touch thin sounding. Guess what after cleaning the VDH interconnects with Kontak cleaning fluid and pluging them back in the sound was just fantastic. Voices were bigger more fuller powerful and more in your face. Drums and dynamics were far superior to the Nordost Red Dawns which always did sound a bit thin.

Maybe it was the recording, I still haven't had the chance to listen to other sorts of music like R'n'B and Dance which is my main interest.

I am still using another pair of Nordost Red Dawn interconnects to connect from my Arcam CD player to my MF A5 Pre.

What I am trying to explain by doing this test is, it is always good to experiment with different cables to get the sound that you want from your music.

What stuns me is these VDH interconnects are only £90 compared to the Nordost Red Dawns which are a unbelieveable £200 +.

I have chatted with other members who also own the MF A5cr Pre & Pwr amps and they are using the well known VDH D102 mk111 Interconnects with there amps. I first thought that these interconnects would be too smooth sounding but by mixing VDH with Nordost, well it seems to work in my system and is a match made in heaven, for now at least!

Anyway tell me what you think!

Happy Listening

Yas
                                                Last edited by Yasvanth; 14 October 2007, 04:19 Sunday.

Comment

• Aechmea
                                                  • Oct 2007

Hello all,

My system was good 25 years ago but is now showing its age, obviously. My pre and power are both now in need of repair, so I am looking at replacing rather than repairing.

Have just about decided on MF A5cr pre and power, but then I thought that I might go the whole hog and replace the speakers as well!

For those that can remember that far back, I have an ME25 pre, ME75 power (ME is an Australian manufacturer - now out of business) and Accustat 3 speakers (electrostatic).

I am thinking along the lines of Monitor Audio GS60, PMC OB1, or Magneplanar MG1.6QR.

Musical tastes are Mike Oldfield, Clannad, Enya, Mozart, Steeleye Span, Chieftains, Kate Bush, Police, Bach, Dire Straits..........

Maybe I should go the Magnepan way, since my ears are attune to planar speakers. What do you think. Maybe the Accustats can still hold their own.

Comment

• alebonau
                                                    Moderator Emeritus
                                                    • Oct 2005

Originally posted by Aechmea
                                                    Hello all,

My system was good 25 years ago but is now showing its age, obviously. My pre and power are both now in need of repair, so I am looking at replacing rather than repairing.

Have just about decided on MF A5cr pre and power, but then I thought that I might go the whole hog and replace the speakers as well!

For those that can remember that far back, I have an ME25 pre, ME75 power (ME is an Australian manufacturer - now out of business) and Accustat 3 speakers (electrostatic).

I am thinking along the lines of Monitor Audio GS60, PMC OB1, or Magneplanar MG1.6QR.

Musical tastes are Mike Oldfield, Clannad, Enya, Mozart, Steeleye Span, Chieftains, Kate Bush, Police, Bach, Dire Straits..........

Maybe I should go the Magnepan way, since my ears are attune to planar speakers. What do you think. Maybe the Accustats can still hold their own.
                                                    dont know about the magneplanars or the accustats but can defintely vouch for both the MA gold signature 60's and the pmc ob1's really lovely speakers and you can be assured they are a very nice match for the MF A5cr pre-pwr.

Comment

• DelRay
                                                      • Jun 2004

I'm in the market for a turntable. Does my A5 pre have a good phono section? I was wondering if a mm cartridge would be better suited than a mc one. Or, will either one work just fine. Thanks.

Comment

• Aechmea
                                                        • Oct 2007

Thanks Alebonau,

What I might do is buy the MF A5cr pre-pwr set and see how that sounds. Then do something about the speakers as a further step - can't spend all my hardearned in one go.

The Accustats were (are) very neutral and completely transparent, but difficult to drive. But I suspect that age must surely have degraded the electrostatic film, so they couldnt possibly be as good as they were when new.

Should also replace the interconnects too. I see that Yasvanth has Red Dawn and VDH but is still searching. Are QED cables thought of in the same class these days?

Comment

• unkhman
                                                          • Sep 2007

He Aechmea, maybe it's a good idea to wait a few weeks buying the a5, because if there IS gonna be a new a5.5 line, the old a5 line will be offered with large discounts I guess. Next week I am going to attend the VAD Show 2007 Hifi & HomeCinema, and the dutch MF importer Viertron says it's going to introduce the new a5.5 line. So after next weekend I can give an update about that.

Cheers!

Comment

• AlanB
                                                            • Nov 2006

Hi Yasvanth
                                                            I use the A5 CDP which has been upgraded with a Trichord Clock 4 and never connected power supply with a Nu Vista M3. Not really a bright system is it? The Nordost is in my opinion Hi Fiwhich isn't necessarily MUSIC. I know it sounds crazy but yes the silver fuse will brighten your system. Having bought audio for 40 years I am not telling you cr*p. The fuse has been tried in 3 different (friends) systems ans every time it had the same effect. Are they all stupid??
                                                            Beauty is in everything but not seen by everyone

Comment

• Yasvanth
                                                              • Jun 2006

HI Alan,

I may give it a go. But you'll have to try and convince me a bit more!

Can you buy these silver fuses on Ebay cheaper?

Cheers

Yas

Comment

• AlanB
                                                                • Nov 2006

Quote from October Stereophile 'Recommended Products' which I received today.
                                                                'The Hi Fi Tuning Fuses worked well with both the Onkyo A-955S and the PS Audio GCC-100 imparting a cleaner, more dynamic sound with crisper transients.' I will only use one make of fuse and when I sent a set to a friend (Nu Vista Amp and CD) he was confounded. He was a non-believer like yourself but not now!!
                                                                By the way the Stereophile take on the Nordost Valhalla - 'The system always had a lighter drier sound with the Nordost - the tonal balance was shifted slightly upward and the overall presentation was a touch cooler than with other wires.'
                                                                As I said 'Do you want hi fi or music?'
                                                                Give me Chord Indigo and Epic speaker cable every time!!
                                                                I've been listening for too long to try and fool anyone.

Comment

• Yasvanth
                                                                  • Jun 2006

Hi Alan,

Last night I was looking on Ebay and I saw a selller selling Bussman Silver Fuses for audio. Are these the fuses your talking about?

Take a look for yourself, and tell me whether they are the ones?

Happy Listening

Yas

Comment

• alebonau
                                                                    Moderator Emeritus
                                                                    • Oct 2005

Originally posted by DelRay
                                                                    I'm in the market for a turntable. Does my A5 pre have a good phono section? I was wondering if a mm cartridge would be better suited than a mc one. Or, will either one work just fine. Thanks.
                                                                    hi delray, a suprisingly good phono section. well better than the mf stand alone xlps I was using before. try go for a mc cart there are some lovely ones out there. I use the ortophon mc 10 supreme and works pretty well with the mc phon stage on the mf a5pre.

that said intent to still check out a few other stand alone phono pres at some stage more for curiousity the likes of the moon or the audio research phono pres sure look tasty though a bit expensive as well !.

Comment

• Yasvanth
                                                                      Senior Member
                                                                      • Jun 2006

Hi

As anybody demoed both the MF and Arcam amplifiers, and who do you think has the better all round sound quality?

Cheers

Yas

Comment

• nick.h
                                                                        Senior Member
                                                                        • Jan 2006

Well after talking to alebonau a number of times regarding MF gear, I'm very very close to putting in an order for the A5CD and A5CR pre/pwr to use with my B&W 803D's.

So I'm going to need 2 pairs of RCA interconnectors yeah? I see RedDawn was mentioned before? What does everyone use here? I need to get new speaker cable too.

I could wait for the 5.5 line, but the RRP for the package is $12,000AUD and I'm getting a pretty sweet deal for $8400AUD.

Hmmm...

Comment

• Yasvanth
                                                                          Senior Member
                                                                          • Jun 2006

Hi Nick,

I'm glad your thinking of buying the MF A5 CD Player and A5cr Pre & A5cr Pwr amps inc the B&W 803D I'm sure you will be very satisfied with it's performance for years to come and this will be one hell of an awesome system.

As you know by reading these threads, I was using Nordost Red Dawn interconnects to connect my Arcam CDP - A5 Pre and A5 Pre - A5 pwr. But after about 4 months of listening I thought the sound was a bit thin and weak. I swapped back to my previous interconnects the VDH D102 MK3 Hybrid and the sound was much bigger, powerful and more in your face. I am still using a pair of Nordost Red Dawn interconnects to connect my CD player, it's just the one connected to my A5 amps that I have changed. But again that does depend on the source that you are using and your speakers.

Have you already listened to the Nordost Red Dawn interconnects and spk cable with your MF A5 System?

Yas

Comment

• AlanB
                                                                            Member
                                                                            • Nov 2006
                                                                            • 41

Hello again Yasvanth
                                                                            No the fuses to which I refer are Hii Fi Tuning. I don't use them as I find them too clinical but if you want to brighten your system they will do yhe trick I'm sure.
                                                                            I actually use Bussman ordinary fuses which I (and two friends) find excellent and a great improvement over Marbo at al.

Comment

• nick.h
                                                                              Senior Member
                                                                              • Jan 2006
                                                                              • 171

How does the MF A5 CD and pre compare to the Classe CP500 and CDP202?

The Classe CD here is Australia is three times the price of the A5 CD.

Comment

• DelRay
                                                                                Senior Member
                                                                                • Jun 2004
                                                                                • 369

Originally posted by alebonau
                                                                                hi delray, a suprisingly good phono section. well better than the mf stand alone xlps I was using before. try go for a mc cart there are some lovely ones out there. I use the ortophon mc 10 supreme and works pretty well with the mc phon stage on the mf a5pre.

that said intent to still check out a few other stand alone phono pres at some stage more for curiousity the likes of the moon or the audio research phono pres sure look tasty though a bit expensive as well !.
                                                                                Well, with 200 or so albums sitting around, I might as well get back into vinyl a little. Now to find a TT. And for now I'll just use the phono section in the A5.

Comment

• Yasvanth
                                                                                  Senior Member
                                                                                  • Jun 2006
                                                                                  • 403

Hello Delray,

You could try record decks from Linn, Roksan, Michell, Rega, The Funk Firm (Pink Triangle) all trustworthy British makes which are highly recommended by vinyl lovers for years.

The possibilities are endless, so get demoeing!

I hope this helps to narrow down your list.

P.S You will also need a Tonearm and cartridge.

Good Luck :T

Yas

Comment

• DelRay
                                                                                    Senior Member
                                                                                    • Jun 2004
                                                                                    • 369

Well Yas, Most of my albums are from the 70's and early 80's. Don't even know what shape their in, don't care either. I figure I can get a good starter tt for under $500 easy. For the last 20+ years I 've had a Sony sitting around with a crappy cartridge and possible short. Played it the other day for the first time in 12 years or so. Even with a crappy tt the sound was good. So now off to find a good used tt. Hey, I was listening to vinyl before most of you were ---- well, you know what I mean. :B

Comment

• Aechmea
                                                                                      Junior Member
                                                                                      • Oct 2007
                                                                                      • 12

I'm in a similar situation to you nick.h

Just bought MF A5pr/pwr and looking for interconnects and speaker cables.

I have ordered some QED Qunex2, but they haven't arrived yet. Will let you know if they perform OK. Problem is that I have nothing to compare them against other than really old no-cost consumer stuff.

As far as speaker cable is concerned, I am considering making my own out of category5 ethernet cable. There are instuctions on the web - looks easy enough even for me! I have read that even household solid core electrical wire is acceptable - probably better than special hi-end stuff made with braided strands. I am using 25 year old really thick monster cable at the moment, which according to modern writing is about as bad as you could do.

But like my interconnect choice this is still just the first steps.

Comment

• CoCo
                                                                                        Junior Member
                                                                                        • Oct 2007
                                                                                        • 8

Hello Aechmea,

I am running Qunex Silver Spiral as my interconnect between my A5 Int Amp and A5 CD player and find them excellent. I also run the Genesis Silver Spiral Bi-Wire as my speaker cables and found that they were an excellent match for the MF gear (i run them with B&W's). MY kid stood on the speaker cables and broke the airlock connections off the speaker end. I replaced the speaker ends with what was supposed to be high quality spade connections and found the difference to be Unsatisfactory and I will be getting the airlocks put back on when i get the chance. Not sure how to describe the difference as i am new to the HIFI scene, but the clarity of the music seemd to have gone. Never thought the connections on the cables could make that much difference but i did notice the change Unfortunately for the worse.

Hope This helps.

Cheers
                                                                                        CoCo

Comment

• nick.h
                                                                                          Senior Member
                                                                                          • Jan 2006
                                                                                          • 171

I've just purchased 2.5m Kimber BiFocal XL and two pairs of 0.5m KS-1011 RCA Interconnects, all up just under $5k AUD

Comment

• Yasvanth
                                                                                            Senior Member
                                                                                            • Jun 2006
                                                                                            • 403

Hello Nicolas,

I would just like to know whether you are using the MF A5 Integrated amplifier or the Pre & Pwr amp ?

Also what do you think of it's sound quality?

Do you have a specific musical interest?

Thanks

Yas

Comment

Working...
                                                                                            Searching...Please wait.
                                                                                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                                            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                                                                            There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                                                                            Search Result for "|||"