X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Race Car Driver
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2005

Anyone have opinons on the RS-52 for surrounds? Thinking of picking up 4 for the surrounds along with the RC-62 through work.
    B&W

Comment

• DrJRapp
      Super Senior Member
      • Apr 2003

Originally posted by Race Car Driver
      Anyone have opinons on the RS-52 for surrounds? Thinking of picking up 4 for the surrounds along with the RC-62 through work.
      Good choice. Every bit as good as the RS 62s but missing the last half octive of bass. Set your receiver/prepro to Xover at 80hz (THX recommended) and you'll be fine.
      Jerry Rappaport

Comment

• Race Car Driver
        Super Senior Member
        • Mar 2005

Thats reassuring. I ended up going with a whole Ref setup. I am thinking I will move the N802s to a stereo only system and run the Klipsh setup off a Yamaha 3900 for HT only.

Went with a RC-62, 4 RS-52s, 2 RF82s and 2 RW12Ds. It was all a last minute decision as I was just going to going to go with just the center and surrounds but i was able to get a really good price straight from Klipsch. I may end up upgrading to the icon XW-500D subs, but that would be dropping down to a 10" vs the 12s.
        B&W

Comment

• DrJRapp
          Super Senior Member
          • Apr 2003

Enjoy!!!!

What are you using to drive this rig?
          Jerry Rappaport

Comment

• ac81017
            • Aug 2006

I need help from the Klipsch people!!

Hello, I´m building a home theatre system and I´ve heard from some people that Klipsch is the business! i´ve been looking at the following;

RF 82 front/music
            RS 62 rear
            RC 64 centre

I have a b&w sub (asw 750) and a sony ta-n9000es power amp (5 x 140watts)

I´ve heard the centre, and that blew me away, everything else the shop had just small stand mount speakers, some I´m wondering about the RF 82 and the RS 64????

:T

Comment

• Race Car Driver
              Super Senior Member
              • Mar 2005

The RC64 looks amazing, wish I could hear it.

My system showed up yesterday, right now I am running the RC62, four of the RS52s, two RW12Ds, and temporarly the B&W N802s off my the new Yamaha 140x7 RX-V3900.

Last night was the first night I got to hear a BR with the 7.1 HD audio, amazing! I miss my NHTM1, however for the price I basically swapped my NHTM1 for my entire Klipsch setup. Maybe I will get around to unboxing the RF82s this week.

7.1 in Master HD is very nice....
              B&W

Comment

• maseline_98
                • Apr 2005

Is it me or did Klipsch bring back the RF-7s into production?:

Home Audio Products for Every Lifestyle, Application & Budget. Since 1946, no compromises in Legendary Sound. Free Shipping on All Online Orders in the US.

Plus...this board has been silent since January...it needs some life back into it

Sony kds-60a2000\Panasonic BD-55k\XBOX 360 Premium(20gig)Slingbox\Xbox(flashed) running XBMC
                Emotiva UMC-1\Emotiva XPA-5\Klipsch (2)RF-7s with DeanG xover upgrade, RC-7 with DeanG xover upgrade, (2)RS-7s\SVS 20-39PC+

Comment

• yourtoys7
                  • Feb 2006

I'll add as well :>
                  I just added 3 x RF82 to my front, goes behind AT screen.

having all 3 tower at front is unreal, used to have 3x Paradigm 20 v5 and not even clouse. I'm still amazed how the tower vs 62/ 64 sound, I love it.
                  Sony AT 150" 16x9 screen
                  PSB T6,
                  Velodyne SPL 1000R
                  Rotel RSX-1057
                  Rotel RB-1070
                  OPPO 103
                  Apple TV
                  [

Comment

• yourtoys7
                    • Feb 2006

I'm thinking of getting Emotiva UMC-1 (on waiting list), UPA-5 or XPA-5 (not sure yet). Are these amps warmer than Rotel?, I find Rotel little bright.
                    Sony AT 150" 16x9 screen
                    PSB T6,
                    Velodyne SPL 1000R
                    Rotel RSX-1057
                    Rotel RB-1070
                    OPPO 103
                    Apple TV
                    [

Comment

• maseline_98
                      • Apr 2005

Originally posted by yourtoys7
                      I'll add as well :>
                      I just added 3 x RF82 to my front, goes behind AT screen.

having all 3 tower at front is unreal, used to have 3x Paradigm 20 v5 and not even clouse. I'm still amazed how the tower vs 62/ 64 sound, I love it.
                      Is there a sound change with the speakers running behind the screen? Also, how does it compare to running RC-62 or RC-64?

Sony kds-60a2000\Panasonic BD-55k\XBOX 360 Premium(20gig)Slingbox\Xbox(flashed) running XBMC
                      Emotiva UMC-1\Emotiva XPA-5\Klipsch (2)RF-7s with DeanG xover upgrade, RC-7 with DeanG xover upgrade, (2)RS-7s\SVS 20-39PC+

Comment

• yourtoys7
                        • Feb 2006

sound does not change at all, or I don't hear it. Same as covers on/ off if I can put it that way. Some people say that they can hear difference with covers on/ off, I can't.
                        RC-62/ 64 is just not blending well, you can tell where it comming from just because its a different speaker.
                        I had 3x Paradigm Studio 20's, then tryed replacing center with cc-590, cc-690, then getting 60's as main and something was alway off. It wasn't blending in too well (my wife was not happy at all) you couldn't hear that harmony of them blending as one I guess.
                        If I had room I would buy 2 more RF82 for my rears, but I'm against the back wall, some day I'd like to have 5 identical towers :>
                        Sony AT 150" 16x9 screen
                        PSB T6,
                        Velodyne SPL 1000R
                        Rotel RSX-1057
                        Rotel RB-1070
                        OPPO 103
                        Apple TV
                        [

Comment

• BlazeMaster
                          • May 2004

hey yourtoys7...
                          which brand of AT screen did you go with? where in north america are you located? I'd love to come and hear your 3xRF82 setup. I currently have RF82 and RC64, and am thinking about going the AT route also, but my screen won't be that big, so only the center channel will be behind the AT screen. Did you consider going with the RF63 instead? I know that it's more expensive, but the RC64, RF63 and RF83 uses a different tweeter compared to everything else in the RF line.

Comment

• yourtoys7
                            • Feb 2006

BlazeMaster
                            London, ON. Canada the screen is DIY 4500' material from avs forums under screen, aluminum frame little price, but 135" cost me around 500.usd. The sound really just doesn't compare with having center vs same tower. I really, really like it and what ever I change into next, it will only be 3x and nothing else.
                            Sony AT 150" 16x9 screen
                            PSB T6,
                            Velodyne SPL 1000R
                            Rotel RSX-1057
                            Rotel RB-1070
                            OPPO 103
                            Apple TV
                            [

Comment

• BlazeMaster
                              • May 2004

Nice, too bad you're too far, I'd love to hear how that 3 RF82 handle the front stage, especially with sound panning from left to right, vice versa. Yes, ideally, having 3 identical speakers is the best way, but it's not everyday that you can see someone implementing it into their room, you almost have to have a transparent screen. I wonder how come you didn't go with a curved screen instead?

Comment

• yourtoys7
                                • Feb 2006

Curved screen works with anamorphic lens, I use Panny 4000 and I zoom between 16x9 to 2:35:1 (wich I use more for Blu Ray).
                                After hearing 3x same towers, I will from now on only use 3 x towers. If I have to place plasma above, I will do that. It makes that much difference to me.
                                Sony AT 150" 16x9 screen
                                PSB T6,
                                Velodyne SPL 1000R
                                Rotel RSX-1057
                                Rotel RB-1070
                                OPPO 103
                                Apple TV
                                [

Comment

• gtact
                                  • Feb 2010

Build your Own Kilpsch

I up for a Kilpsch Club, as I'm in the process or building a set of KSP 400 & a Ksp-C6. Managed to get all the drivers & cross overs & cabinet measurements , Anyone else tried to build their own units

Comment

• maseline_98
                                    • Apr 2005

Well...I finally got my DeanG mod done for my RF-7s/RC-7(actually...just put them in the mail about 35 minutes ago from posting this)....Hopefully price of it is worth it....I essentially passed on the integra dhc-9.9 to get them....

Comment

• mr.hidef
                                      • Sep 2009

Cool there's a klipsch thread in here. Hi guys. :T
                                      SONY SXRD KDS-50A2000
                                      ONKYO TX-SR805 - cooling by Antec
                                      SONY BDP-S560
                                      MONSTER HDP-2500
                                      Klipsch Reference IV 7.1
                                      Dual eD A2-300's
                                      HARMONY 1000

Comment

• canyon
                                        • Jun 2010

Hey Klipsch lovers
                                        I'm new to the board, but I've loved my Klipsch speakers for many years.

I am building a home theater into my new home. I will keep my current system intact for my living room, that system includes Hereseys (v1? purchased in 1984) with a Sunfire sub (purchased in 2000?) and driven by a Marantz SR-18 (was once intended for HT, but never built out due to never moving... and now without HDMI is not going to be used for HT).

So, here's some questions I'm hoping to answer for my new HT (say 50/50 2-channel/HT mix with music preference or rock/concerts with some jazz and live jazz, in a very large room, likely go with a SVS PB-13 Ultra sub):

1. Should I consider RF7s or RF82/83s? My budget is under $2k, but closer to $1k is even better, looking to buy new (I'll also be auditioning Paradigm, Axiom, Aperion, Monitor R6 Silver...). If one option is better than another, please also consider the extra cost and provide an opinion on value.

2. I can get a brand new Marantz 8002 AVR for $1,000. Another option I'm considering is Emotiva UMC-1 pro with XPA-5 ($1,500 list on emotiva.com). Again, which is going to sound better, and value for the cost comparison?

3. If I am to go with RF7s (only if in the $2k budget), and I have no DIY aptitude (wiring the components together is about my limit), can I still do a DeanG crossover mod, and what's the best process for contacting him and getting one done (or is it over my DIY ability... or do I ship the speakers...).

Thanks!

Comment

• maseline_98
                                          • Apr 2005

Originally posted by canyon
                                          Hey Klipsch lovers
                                          I'm new to the board, but I've loved my Klipsch speakers for many years.

I am building a home theater into my new home. I will keep my current system intact for my living room, that system includes Hereseys (v1? purchased in 1984) with a Sunfire sub (purchased in 2000?) and driven by a Marantz SR-18 (was once intended for HT, but never built out due to never moving... and now without HDMI is not going to be used for HT).

So, here's some questions I'm hoping to answer for my new HT (say 50/50 2-channel/HT mix with music preference or rock/concerts with some jazz and live jazz, in a very large room, likely go with a SVS PB-13 Ultra sub):

1. Should I consider RF7s or RF82/83s? My budget is under $2k, but closer to $1k is even better, looking to buy new (I'll also be auditioning Paradigm, Axiom, Aperion, Monitor R6 Silver...). If one option is better than another, please also consider the extra cost and provide an opinion on value.

2. I can get a brand new Marantz 8002 AVR for $1,000. Another option I'm considering is Emotiva UMC-1 pro with XPA-5 ($1,500 list on emotiva.com). Again, which is going to sound better, and value for the cost comparison?

3. If I am to go with RF7s (only if in the $2k budget), and I have no DIY aptitude (wiring the components together is about my limit), can I still do a DeanG crossover mod, and what's the best process for contacting him and getting one done (or is it over my DIY ability... or do I ship the speakers...).

Thanks!
                                          Well...I have RF-7s that I bought from audiogon(if you don't mind buying used, you should take a look there). I bought them used and the thing that was wrong with them was one of the feet was broken off...

I added deanG upgrade them(I think it was $465 or some for the RF7s and RC7). If you go over to the klipsch forum, you can contact him there. You don't have to ship him the speakers, just the crossover. They are not hard to remove and he will give you a step by step document to removed and install them once you get them back.

For the Money(IHMO), you will not find a sonically better pairing than a xpa5/umc1(I also own both. They replaced my hk avr630, which replaced my marantz sr8400). Emotiva has hit something special with them. UMC1 sounds great and they seem to be working out all the kinks with the issues that they have been having with it. Klipsch speakers(especially the RF7s) are very efficient (102db), but do demand a separate amp because of low ohm dips they have. I went with the emotiva, but also looked into rotel. Both match very well with klipsch speakers, but th emotiva was much cheaper.

On a side note, my buddy just bought rf-63/rc64 and I think they sound great. Probably not as deep, but sound great with good extension. I never have heard the rf83s, but after hearing the 63s, I have wondered what it would sound like compared to the rf7 w/ deanG. I would love to do a side by side comparison...

Good luck with your search. It will be fun for you.... :T

BTW: I have a svs 21-39pc+ and it blends very nicely. I'm jealous of your ultra!!!!....WAF wouldn't be there for me!!!

Comment

• crytklmass
                                            • Dec 2008

Has anyone listened to the THX Ultra 2? Im in the process of building a home theater which may take awhile so I dont want just built in speakers. I wanted something I can listen to know and later build them into my theater room. I liked the idea of the Klipsch THX Ultra 2 for that reason and the fact they dropped to around $800.00 for each speaker. Was thinking of 3 KL650's and pair of Ks525 for rears. I may add 2 sides later. Either the Ks or Kl525. depends on whether I want dipole or direct firing sound. Just curious if there were any comparisons. The audio company I purchased from in the past has gone out of business. They were my Klipsch dealer, now it seem best buy is all I have grrrrrr
                                            BOB

Comment

• yourtoys7
                                              • Feb 2006

Well I added UPA-1 x 3 for my front RF82 and I almost feel I don't need a sub I sounds amazing.
                                              Sony AT 150" 16x9 screen
                                              PSB T6,
                                              Velodyne SPL 1000R
                                              Rotel RSX-1057
                                              Rotel RB-1070
                                              OPPO 103
                                              Apple TV
                                              [

Comment

• maseline_98
                                                • Apr 2005

Originally posted by yourtoys7
                                                Well I added UPA-1 x 3 for my front RF82 and I almost feel I don't need a sub I sounds amazing.
                                                What were you running before you got the upa1s? Was there a huge difference? I'm running the xpa5 with my rf7s and I've been considering going monoblocks, but didn't want to have to run outlets to do so...

Comment

• yourtoys7
                                                  • Feb 2006

everything was going through rotel 1057, very, very big difference, few times I went through the movie with out sub on
                                                  Sony AT 150" 16x9 screen
                                                  PSB T6,
                                                  Velodyne SPL 1000R
                                                  Rotel RSX-1057
                                                  Rotel RB-1070
                                                  OPPO 103
                                                  Apple TV
                                                  [

Comment

• ellisr63
                                                    • Jan 2013

Originally posted by Q-Man
                                                    If this works this is a picture of my modified Klipschorns.
                                                    [IMG][/IMG]

What are the upper speakers? Are those the center and height channels? The upper L&R speakers look like LaScalas upside down... Is that correct?
                                                    Marantz AV8805a, 7 channel Icepower DIY amp, 3 Klipsch K402 MEH speakers, 4 Klipsch rp150 speakers, LG 86" 4k FP, Zappiti Reference, Denafrips Pontus ii, Lumin U1 Mini, and Panasonic ub820, 2 Yamaha p2500s amps.

Comment

• OGJordan
                                                      • Feb 2014

Just want to say hi to all fellow Klipsch users. I've recently been moved with work and will have a chance to build a new theater. Always used Klipsch, looking at the RF line.

Comment

Working...
                                                      😀
                                                      😂
                                                      🥰
                                                      😘
                                                      🤢
                                                      😎
                                                      😞
                                                      😡
                                                      👍
                                                      👎
                                                      Searching...Please wait.
                                                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                                      Search Result for "|||"