X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wettou
    Ultra Senior Member
    • May 2006

JLAudio

A a proud owner of JL Audio Fathom F113 sub I thought it would be great to share opinions and comments.

Especially with all the new products including the new speakers

http://home.jlaudio.com/jlaudio_pages.php?page_id=8
    Attached Files
    Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower
  • Audiophiliac
    • Apr 2006

I am excited to hear these! If they perform as well as their subs, we are in for a treat!

Hopefully they follow up with some smaller models....maybe some wall mount surround speakers, and a center channel.

Comment

• wettou
      Ultra Senior Member
      • May 2006

Originally posted by Audiophiliac
      I am excited to hear these! If they perform as well as their subs, we are in for a treat! Hopefully they follow up with some smaller models....maybe some wall mount surround speakers, and a center channel.
      Me too I am looking for a dealer who will carry them. :T You could use three for the front L,C,R
      Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• Hdale85
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Jan 2006

Hmm looks like scan-speak woofers with some sort of strange dome midrange. Looks interesting that's for sure.

Comment

• wettou
          Ultra Senior Member
          • May 2006

Originally posted by Dougie085
          Hmm looks like scan-speak woofers with some sort of strange dome midrange. Looks interesting that's for sure.
          The dealer mentioned that they will be available in Q2 2009, a few months to wait, did anyone hear them at CEDIA?

Comment

• Hdale85
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Jan 2006

Well I would never buy them...mostly because I don't buy commercial speakers lol and these are probably crazy expensive judging from their subs.

Comment

• Audiophiliac
              • Apr 2006

I think $11k a pair. So yes they are in line with their subs. But their subs perform phenomenally. So hopefully these do as well. And maybe by the time production rolls out pricing will go down? haha....I wish.

I wont pass judgement til I hear them.

Comment

• Hdale85
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Jan 2006

Well highly doubt they perform 11k good

Comment

• wettou
                  Ultra Senior Member
                  • May 2006

We shall see how they perform, don't forget these are active speakers not passive, so you have to include the cost of amplification as well.:T

Comment

• Race Car Driver
                    Super Senior Member
                    • Mar 2005

I sold my B&W 855 sub with the intentions if I ever replace it it will be with a Fathom, ( do I dare say gotham... just because? :lol: ) however I dont think I could ever replace the speakers with JLs.

11k, id pick up a set of used N800s and another amp.
                    B&W

Comment

• wettou
                      Ultra Senior Member
                      • May 2006

Originally posted by Race Car Driver
                      I sold my B&W 855 sub with the intentions if I ever replace it it will be with a Fathom, ( do I dare say gotham... just because? :lol: ) however I dont think I could ever replace the speakers with JLs.

11k, id pick up a set of used N800s and another amp.
                      Yes I would probably keep the B&W as well but who knows I still want to hear them before passing judgment

Comment

Working...
                      Searching...Please wait.
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                      Search Result for "|||"