X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JohnH
    • Feb 2005

Pioneer VSX56TXi HD switching?

Hello,
    looking for opinions from Pioneer Elite 56TXi receivers (or similar): i need a receiver that can switch video sources including a true 1080i HD signal without degrading the quality of the HD video signal. I have always been happy with Pioneer products, and am considering the Elite VSX-56TXi. Any experienced opinions out there?

My video monitor is a Toshiba and although it does have very nice picture quality, it is a pain in the bum to change video sources (other Toshiba owners will attest to this). So i am looking for a receiver to take care of all source switching. One current source is a true 1080i HD signal, and i would not want to degrade the stunning picture.

Thank you for your opinions.

John
  • pvs
    • Mar 2005

The Pioneer Elite 56TXi only switches component video. (MSRP of $1700)

I'm not sure, but wouldn't DVI or HDMI (both digital) be better than component (analog) when it comes to switching?

For example, here's the Marantz SR8500. (MSRP of $1599)

Comment

• billz260
      • Dec 2004

my Pioneer 1014 switches component well. I am pretty sure that PBS HD has some 1080i show's that are amazing.

Comment

Working...
      😀
      😂
      🥰
      😘
      🤢
      😎
      😞
      😡
      👍
      👎
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"