X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • boe
    • Jul 2004

Good 2 or 3 x 200w AMP - $2,000?

I currently have a parasound 2 x 300 amp which can still be used in a number of configurations. I'm debating between getting a good 3 channel or 2 channel amp to augment my system though.

I'd like to keep it not much higher than $2,000. I use the Rotel for the rest of my surround and it seems fine for that but I'm not quite sure rotel is warm or complete enough to cover my fronts. Any suggestions on a good bang for the buck amp?

Thanks
    Last edited by boe; 09 February 2005, 11:34 Wednesday.
  • jimmyp58
    Super Senior Member
    • Aug 2003

The Earthquake CineNova Grande 3 is a splendid 3-channel amp. It is rated at 3 X 300W @ 8 ohms so that may be more than what you are hoping for but regardless, it is a killer amp.

Jim
    jpiscitello@ameritech.net

Comment

• boe
      • Jul 2004

Thank you - I checked that out last night - I didn't see too many reviews other than the one on their page. Do you really think it is that much better than the rotel? I was reading some things and it looks like that Amp was made about 4 years ago.

Comment

• jimmyp58
        Super Senior Member
        • Aug 2003

There are a few guys here at HT Guide, beside me, that had a Rotel and switched to the Earthquake amp (regardless if it is the 3 or 5 channel) are were/are astounded. Three that come to mind are 'ADZ', 'sikoniko' and 'nht' (he just got his recently).

Jim
        jpiscitello@ameritech.net

Comment

• David Meek
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2000

Boe, hear are some reviews on the 3-channel from AudioReview. Aggregate :5: out of :5: !

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• cflin
            • Mar 2005

Krell KAV 400xi 2x200w class A review by stereophile 2005 April issue. list at $2500. you can get it $2000.

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"