X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • boe
    • Jul 2004

Would you still buy the Anthem D1?

If you have purchased an Anthem D1, would you do it again today or is there another preamp that has caught your eye/ear?

I'm almost ready (1 month) to buy a new preamp after I check out what I can at CES. Too bad Anthem won't have a display at CES as it is one of my top choices in theory. I limited my selections to preamps under $3K with 192/24 DAC and a few other items. Once I've gathered sufficient info, I will audition the units and make a decision. Specs don't make the sound good but they do let you know if your system has a potential future. Many of the preamps I've investigated are nearly 2 years old and have only 96/24 which would limit me on potential media.

The only technical shortcoming of the D1 for me is no Dolby Headphone jack. Hopefully at CES, I'll find out if there are external options like many of the headphone amps I've seen.
  • jimmyp58
    Super Senior Member
    • Aug 2003

With your budget, you're not going to get the D1 (unless you live in Canada and have great connections.

Jim
    jpiscitello@ameritech.net

Comment

• boe
      • Jul 2004

Originally posted by jimmyp58
      With your budget, you're not going to get the D1 (unless you live in Canada and have great connections.

Jim
      You never know. I got my speakers for nealy 30% off - brand new from a reputable local dealer because he decided to stop carrying the line.

Comment

• jimmyp58
        Super Senior Member
        • Aug 2003

Good luck getting 30% off on this incredible new product. I am not a betting man but my money is against such a huge discount on this baby. But if you do, I'll buy you and me a plane ticket to Vegas and let you bet with my money (just kidding of course!).

Best of luck....

Jim
        jpiscitello@ameritech.net

Comment

Working...
        😀
        😂
        🥰
        😘
        🤢
        😎
        😞
        😡
        👍
        👎
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"