Did anyone check out the dolby digital plus at CES?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • boe
    • Jul 2004

Did anyone check out the dolby digital plus at CES?

Did anyone go to the Dolby booth at CES? I saw a huge line but didn't bother waiting since I didn't know they were showing off a new format. DOOH!!

I'm right on the edge of buying a new preamp but I don't want to get stuck with something that can't handle the full bitrate of Dolby Digital Plus or DTS-HD within the next year or so. I'm not made of money so I probably won't be replacing whatever preamp I buy for another 6 or more years.

I'm not sure if any of the current preamps can be upgraded to handle this. I realize the HD-DVD's will be backwards compatable but I'd be sitting there thinking I need to replace my new preamp if I want the full sound.
    Last edited by boe; 16 January 2005, 01:34 Sunday.
  • BlazeMaster
    • May 2004

I wasn't there, but I've heard people talking about this on this forum. I believe I saw a thread about this in the CLUB ROTEL sections, posted by Andrew Prat. It's either 13 or 14.1 as the new configurations. Having all those extra speakers will no doubt improve the realism of movie tracks, but I don't think many people will have enough room to add all those extra speakers. Most likely there will be the additional surrounds speakers above the seating position to create the overhead effect, but I'd be kinda caustious about putting a 20lb. bookshelf above my head...OUCH.

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

That would be this thread

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"