X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • boe
    • Jul 2004

Hoping Class D amps will encourage more preamps

Howdy,

I was thinking with more companies starting to create Class D amps, I'm hoping to see more Preamps/processors from companies that used to create preamps. I remember in the early 90s there were many mid range companies such as rotel making preamps. They pulled out for whatever market reasons but I think Class D amps with lower weight and less heat might encourage (along with 7.1 sound becoming more common) more preamps from more manufacturers. I could be living in my own little world but I sure hope by mid 2007 to see more preamps hitting the market.

I'm looking forward to CES this year to see what my options are.
  • Clepto
    • Feb 2006

I think we're more likely to see receivers with class d amplification, than more pre amps... Mainstream buyers will prefer a receiver to separates.

Comment

• Aussie Geoff
      Super Senior Member
      • Oct 2003

Boe,

Rotel were working on a high end stereo pre-amp to match their RB-1092 switchig amps and replace the RC-1090... I don't know it's status or timeing but they have been working on it for a year so so so maybe in the next 6 months.

Geoff

Comment

• boe
        • Jul 2004

Thanks.

When a decent preamp/processor is available that supports all the latest DTS HD and DD True HD, I'll be replacing my current preamp and amps (shifting them to the bedroom). The heat from my amps is driving me crazy and I'd love a good excuse to upgrade my preamp/processor.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"