X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ka724ka
    • Sep 2009

RSX-1067 No test tone from Center Back

Hi,
    I just owned this receiver to replace with my old cheap one that I brought 5 year ago.

The setup was pretty smooth. I hooked up all 7 speakers which I used on the old receiver, when I tried to test them with test tone in the setting, I found out there is no test tone output from the rear back speakers, but others (front, center, surround and subs) are fine. I also tried to connect the known good speakers and result is remained, no test tone is out from back center channel at all.

Does anyone could help me out on this issue? Thank you beforehand.

-Ka
  • Robo1067
    • Jan 2006

Hi ka724ka,
    Go into the speaker setup page in the on screen menu and for the 'center back' speakers make sure that you have it set to 2 speakers, ie either small 2 or large 2 whatever your preference. Normally small 2 so you get proper bass management.

Hope that is all it is.
    Cheers,
    Rob

Comment

• Kevin D
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Oct 2002

In addition, someone may have been using the center back channels as zone 2. Go in to the DEFAULT menu I believe and make sure the CB REDIRECT is set to CB. If not, change it to CB and and turn FACTORY DEFAULT to YES.

Kevin D.

Comment

• ka724ka
        • Sep 2009

Hi Rod, Thanks for info.

Hi Kevin, Yes, your way works. I changed the redirect before, but just did not save to factory default to take the change. Thanks your help!

-Ka

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"