This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dvdchance
    • Oct 2004

Opinions and insight requested - best next upgrade? RSP-1068 or front speakers

After just one week ownership of my RMB-1075, I'm hooked on what I'm hearing.

Here's what I currently have:

Denon 2805 - receiver
    Polk rt35 - Front spkrs
    Polk CSi40 - centre spkr
    Polk FXi3 - Surrounds and Surround backs
    Velodyne DLS 4000 - Sub

Seems to me the weakest link by far now is my front speakers.

So would upgrading my mains to say Polk LSi7 or LSi9 be a better move for me then going to a RSP-1068 replacing the receiver.

the difference from using the receiver amps to the Rotel 1075 has been nothing short of ...wow. So much more depth in the sound.

My usage is probably 75% HT and 25% music.

david
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Yes I'd say get the LSi's...they're very nice speakers and will be a bigger change then the pre amp...esp for HT.

Comment

• RACER4551
      • Apr 2004

I will echo what andrew said,go for the lsi's and dont look back.I would definatly recommend the 9's for mains over the 7's.If money were no object though i would recommend a complete lsi setup so all the speakers would match sonically.The highs in the lsi series are alot different sounding vs the rt or rti series.I own a complete lsi setup with 15's for the mains,lsic for the center,fx's for the side surrounds ,7's for the rear surrounds and a svs pb2+ for the bottom end.I am using a rotel 1068,rmb 1095 and a carver m4.0t for the mains.All i can say at this speaker price point it would be hard to match the sound i get from this setup.I will say that what i have learned so far in this hobby is the speakers really play a big part and make the most difference in what you hear and how it is heard.I have auditioned in my home alot of name brand speakers(thanks to my local dealer)b&w,paradigm,definative tech.,klipsch and ended up with the lsi's.One other thing with the lsi's,they like alot of clean power to sound their best.

Comment

• Danbry39
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Sep 2002

A third vote for upgrading the speakers. My daughter has 35i's in her bedroom and, while they do sound nice, your other gear would definitely benefit from the move up to the Lsi line. They're in a different league imo. Eventually you might also get a center from that line, perhaps even moving the 35's to the rear.
        Keith

Comment

• ds22030
          • Sep 2004

I further echo the others regarding the LSis....they sound great....you should go for the LSi9s as most people in the polk boards think they are much better than the lsi7s.

In case you ever consider going to LSi15s, I will tell you now that your RMB 1075 WILL NOT BE ENOUGH....after about 2 months of playing with interconnects and biamping etc with my 1075 to try to get the woofer under control, I will likely be exchanging my 1075 to get 1080...man I wish I had the $ for a 1090...I digress....

Comment

• dvdchance
            • Oct 2004

thanks for the replies. I was pretty sure the spkrs need immediate attention

Since i can't upgrade all at once, which would be a better path?

LSi7 or 9 now then RSP1068 eventually LSiC and surrounds

LSi7 or 9 now then LSiC and surrounds then RSP1068

Will the LSi fronts sound good with the polks I will still have,the CSi40 and FXi'3s?

Part of my thinking is that the sooner I get the 1068, the more I can get selling my Denon 2805 on Ebay.

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Aug 2000

I'd go this route

"LSi9 now then LSiC and surrounds then RSP1068"

Or

"LSi9 now then LSiC then RSP1068 then the surrounds"

Comment

• aud19
                Twin Moderator Emeritus
                • Aug 2003

I'd go 9's, centre, 1068 and surrounds. Keep in mind you can also use som of your older speakers to go 7.1 as well down the line if you wish

Jason
                Jason

Comment

• dvdchance
                  • Oct 2004

Ok I'm convinced on getting the LSi7 or 9's now.

Will they sound good in the interim mixed with my remaining Polk spkrs?

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"