• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • infinitiqx4
    • Jan 2003

1075, Polk LSi, Sony ES?

What do you think of this 5.1 setup?
    Rotel 1075
    Polk LSi15, LSiCenter, LSIFX (all 4 ohm)
    Sony DA4ES

Another option could be HK 520 instead of the ES receiver. I haven't seen much talk about Sony around here, but the ES line allows you to turn off internal amps when they aren't used and it has many future options for the price.
  • efarstad
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jun 2001

Welcome to the Guide!

I don't have any experience with the DA4ES but have heard good things about the HK 520...since you'd be using either of them as a prepro, I'd just look at what feature sets they have and if they fit your present and future needs. The amps definately a keeper and will have no problem running your Polks!

Have you A/B them next to each other?

E

The Norwegian A/V Nut!
    E-Cinema

The Norwegian A/V Nut!
    E-Cinema

Comment

• infinitiqx4
      • Jan 2003

no A/B comparison... but I just found a place that carries Sony ES and Rotel, so hopefully I can try that combo out! But they don't carry Polk. Nobody sells Polk/Sony ES/LSi, and if they carry some of those brands they don't have the others ones I'm interested in comparing!

Comment

• phuz
        • Jan 2003

I don't haver much experience with Sony ES but I can say that the rest of the stuff is a good match.

If it were me I would want a Rotel pre/pro or receiver to go with the amp mainly because from my experience Rotel sounds much better than H/K, Sony, etc.

==============
        -phuz

My Setup
        ==============
        -phuz

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2000

I had the Sony TA-E9000ES pre amp before switching over to the rotel units and I quite liked it. The Sony's always seem to have lots of flexibility for setting them up which can be very nice but that said there has been a lot of very positive talk about the HK 520 and 525 models so I'd seriously look at those as well (you'd get logic 7 with the HK's)

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2000

One more comment those Polk LSi's use the same tweeter I used in my DIY speakers and they're VERY good...revealing but not bright.

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"