X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • oli222
    • Oct 2004

rsx 1067 hiss...

Hi,

I´m very new here and I´m a very new owner of a rotel rsx 1067.

I´m very happy about the sound - I replaced my old receiver sr 8200 - what a difference.

But:

I´ve some hiss out of my speakers and out of the rotel.

Does anybody have some ideas for me??

BR

oli222
  • Aussie Geoff
    Super Senior Member
    • Oct 2003

Oli222,

How much hiss and does it vary with volume or digital vs analog sources?

Bottom line - a little hiss that you can only hear close to the speakers is normal in the RSX-1056/1067 and RSP-1068/1098 when the volume is set to reference level or bellow (ie the level you calibrated your -30 db test tones to, which will play back music etc at 105db...

However if the hiss is obtrusive from your chair - be aware that there have been a few faulty RSX-1067 units which have required replacement with a lounder hiss - seemed to be a batch when first released and two or three reported recently....

Geoff
    Last edited by Aussie Geoff; 17 October 2004, 20:07 Sunday.

Comment

• JBall
      • Oct 2004

i have it too

This is a hiss coming out of my 803's with nothing on and the 1067 in stand-by mode, i called the dealer and he said it was thermal noise that is normal. I have to put my ear up to speaker to hear really, and I can't tell if it goes away when i actually turn something on.

The bigger problem is a bought a 1080 tp bi-amp the fronts to be safe with good speaker and since i would always wonder if it would be better, and i got a loud humm from the speakers. I have a grounding issue which is very separate, wont go into it cause i already started another thread on it, just wanted to confirm i have the hiss too.....

Comment

• Markus
        • Oct 2004

As far as I could read in some German forums Oli222 mainly complains about a kind of humm in his speakers. I also can hear this humm when I move my mear very close to the speaker(s). In my normal hearing position I cannot hear this noise.

The humm seems to be independent of the sound level which has been set, it only disappears when the level has been set to zero. It can be heared in all possible modes, even if Bypass has been selected (which should exclude any DSP).

From my point of view this humm is not disturbing at all (as I cannot hear it in my hearing position), nevertheless it would be interesting to know where it comes from and if there would be a way to avoid this noise.

Markus.

Comment

• Markus
          • Oct 2004

No idea yet? 8O

Markus.

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"