X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jay
    • Oct 2004

Considering Rotel 1056 and RDV 1060 - Need advice from Rotel users

Hello all Rotel users.

I am considering purchasing the above and have some questions. My requirements are that the system must play music well in stereo. Home theatre sound must also be quite good. (70 % music - 30 % home theatre)

The following are my questions:

1) I have noticed that some people complain about a hiss coming from their speakers and others complaining that they get intermittent sound loss from one of their channels. Could you please comment on this as well as the quality of Rotel.

2) I am not sure what speakers to pair up with the Rotel 1056 and am considering BW DM603-S3 main speakers with the LCR 600 S3 centre and DM 600 S3 speakers for the rears. The sub will be a BW 600 series. The other option is Boston speakers, the CR Reference range. Your advice on which speakers will work the best with Rotel will be very helpfull. I have listened to both options and while they sound different both seem suitable. I think that perhaps the BW's are better quality and leading towards purchasing these.

BTW my room size is roughly 5x4 metres or even a bit smaller.

All advice will be very helpfull in selecting and making a nice home theatre setup.

Thanks guys for your input.

Jay
  • stantheman2
    • Apr 2004

The Rotel is a GREAT receiver-see the concurrent thread on it for my commets.

My thoughts on your questions:

1. After reading MANY posts on Rotel in the last 12 months, my observation is that a VERY small percentage of Rotel owners hear a hiss that they consider unaccceptable. This small minority has been very vocal in their posts, but the great majority (myself included) have NO hiss problems. A very few owners seem to have intermitent signal dropouts, but this seems limited to a very few combinations of DVD players/cables/Rotel gear. IMO opinion, don't let the vocal opinions of a very small minortiy have a major influence on your decision. Some posters that have had these problems STILL kept their Rotel gear, which should tell you something.

2. Re speakers, I run B&W 600 Series 2, and the combination with the Rotel sounds fantastic. B&W and Rotel are owned by the same company, and a lot of posters think there is a natural synergy betwen B&W and Rotel. That said, I also respect for Boston Acoustics, but I have not heard their speakers with Rotel, so I can't compare the two.

Comment

• pdr711
      • Sep 2004

I have had my 1056 for about a month and have not noticed any hiss. I replaced my Yamaha 1400 with the Rotel. More detailed sound especially through the center channel than the 1400 gave me.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"