X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • resperc
    • May 2004

Rotel RDV 1050 or ????

I recently purchased an RSP-1068 and an RMB-1075. I am loving the sound. It is a huge upgrade from my Onkyo reciever. Now it is time to upgrade my DVD player. I have a 34" Sony direct view HD monitor (xbr800). I know everyone here really stands behind Rotel gear, but there isn't a lot of talk regarding Rotel DVD players. I want my new DVD player to have awesome video performance and be a good CD player as well. I am not really concerned with hi-res, but if I get some I won't complain. For your information, I am also looking at the new Denon DVD-2910 (which has about the same MSRP as the RDV 1050). How do the Rotels stack up against the "hot" DVD players in the market? Please share any comments you may have. Thanks.
  • Cracking Oboe
    • May 2004

For video only.

Hello Resperc,

If all you are looking for is good video performance, then, of all of the dvd players I have viewed, Pioneer seems to provide the best bang for the buck. But if you care how it sounds (DVD, CD, DVD-A), then look no further than Rotel.

Cracking!

Comment

• jlee
      • Aug 2004

I just got the Denon 2910 and I love it. I use a separate CD player for 2 channel, and the Denon 2910 ONLY for DVD movie playback, so for me, it's great. I'm not yet a big fan of the Rotel DVD players from a straight DVD point of view... although if you don't want to buy a separate CD player, I've heard the Rotels and they do good double duty as a CD player as well.

Comment

• Raezzy
        • Jul 2004

Hi Resperc

About a month ago, i purchased the RDV-1050, and am very impressed with it.
        While i cant say that i have evaluated it against other DVD players in the same price range, i did read glowing reviews on the net beore deciding.
        The picture quality is superb, DD and DTS is also much improved, and as a cd player it also seems very capable - far more cabable than my old pioneer DV-355 (not a great benchmark i know).
        I can highly recommend it

Reviews i used to evaluate:

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"