X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Don
    • Feb 2003

Need help in bi-amping RMB1075

Need some info on how to bi-amp the 1075 using a denon 1802 as a pre-amp. I'm using B&W 603's speakers. I only have LCR preouts from the denon.
    Is this even feasible?
    Thanks.
  • Rock Dog
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2003

Well in order to Bi-Amp all 3 channels, L/C/R, you'll need six amp sections. The 1075 is only 5. The only thing I can think is to Bi-Amp the L/R channels.

You would use a single interconnect (RCA -> RCA) from the Center preout of the Denon, to the Center channel of the 1075.

Then a high end splitter, or "Y" cable (RCA -> RCA,RCA) from the Left channel preout of the Denon, to the Left Channel(s) input of the 1075. One RCA of the "Y" goes to the Left Main input of the 1075, the other RCA of the "Y" goes to the Left Surround input of the 1075. This will give you your two"amps" for the left main. Then the speaker outs of the 1075 to your Left speaker. Wire the Left main to the bottom binding posts, and the Left surround, to the upper binding posts. Then do the same thing to the right side. But like I said, this allows only one "amp" for the center channel.

That's my opinion anyway. :idea:

-Thomas-

The easiest way to find something lost around the house, is to buy a replacement.

Hey You! Make sure you stop by the HTguide Off-Topic section. It's FUN!!!

-Thomas-

As long as people will accept crap, it will be financially profitable to dispense it.

Hey You! Make sure you stop by the HTguide After Midnight section. It's FUN!!!

Comment

• Scarp
      • Mar 2003

I doubt you gain much from bi-amping on 603's. If I where you I would just leave 2 channels unused on the 1075. This would ease the burden of the 1075 a bit and possibly give it more power for the channels that are connected.
      I used 604 fronts, LCR600 center and 603 rears on one 1075 and it has enough strength and control for all of these.
      By splitting with an y-cable (or something like the y-connector from Monster) you will loose a bit of the sound offcourse (especially if the splitter cable is of a lesser quality than your normal interlink cable).

Comment

• mickyboy
        • Jan 2003

don i tried biamping my old mordaunt-shorts 2!/2 way speakers using rotel 985mk1 5 channel power amp, due to my dnm speaker cables having soldered bannaplugs, i did not wish to unsolder and buy more b/plugs. or buy expensive splitters and cable if no sonic differance was evident biamped or not.

so tried with cheap y connecters £10 and cheap wire 35 pence a meter and i found bi-amping fronts made a noticible differance in 2 chan sterio, although i did not leave speakers bi amped or try with av ,this was just to see if bi-amping made a differance, to myself it did.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"