X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • audiofan
    • May 2004

speaker terminal in RB-1080????

Hi,
    In my Rotel RB-1080, there are two sets of speaker terminal for both Left and Right channel.

1> Does it matter if i used the upper set or lower set?

2> Are these two sets for bi-wiring purpose?

What is your suggestion? The reason i'm asking because the manual shows only one set or terminal (+ -) for each channel...

THanks.
  • Eiffel
    • Aug 2003

Answers:

1) No

2) Yes (among other possibilities)

Your RB-1080 is one of the newer versions of this amp. the manual hasn't been updated, but I believe you're getting a better product (with better speaker connection, among other tweaks)

Eiffel

Comment

• audiofan
      • May 2004

Originally posted by Eiffel
      Answers:

1) No

2) Yes (among other possibilities)

Your RB-1080 is one of the newer versions of this amp. the manual hasn't been updated, but I believe you're getting a better product (with better speaker connection, among other tweaks)

Eiffel

Thanks.
      I read somewhere that bi-wire is not improving the sound. Is that true, as i have never tried bi-wiring myself. Well, it wouldn't hurt to try as i have wires lying around the house. So in bi-wring , the length of both wires must be the same?

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

Bi-wire won't hurt...but may not improve either....as for the length quesiton check out this thread.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"