X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BlazeMaster
    • May 2004

biwiring B&W speakers....?

Hi, I've had my 600s series for a while and just noticed something today on the websites user manual section. I had them birwired since this June and just noticed the part where they showed that the gold bars or links that connect the post should be removed when biwiring. I've had my linked for about 4 months now, and just removed it tonight and noticed an improvement in dynamics in speakers. Is it bad that I had them linked during biwiring applications for 4 months now?
  • greggz
    • Jun 2002

You've done no harm. With the bars in place you didn’t bi-wire, you just increased the gauge of the wire connecting your speakers to your amp.

Some people recommend, if you are going to bi-wire, keeping the jumper bar in place on the negative terminal of your speaker. What this does is give you the benefit that bi-wiring has on the highs and keeps the bass tight by increasing the gauge of the return wire.
    Gregg

Our Home Theater

Comment

• BlazeMaster
      • May 2004

thanks greggs for such a quick reply...only about 10 mins passed since I submitted this post. I do notice a volume increase also, yes the high frequency does seem to be more dynamic. I also noticed more bass coming from my 601s. Since I don't have my sub yet, the SVSPC+20-39 is coming during the middle of the month. I'll keep the bars off the low end as well to get as much bass as I can til the sub comes. Thank god it didn't do much harm, took such a load off my chest. Speaking of optimizing my setup, I just got a center stand by VTI stands for the LCR600 and finally got it off the top of the TV. Noticed a improvement in dialogues as well. I know it's not as good as the Nautilus HTM stand, but for the $50 I paid for them, VERY VERY sturdy, good value. I didn't even add the shots in them yet. I think I'll order a pair of the 19 inch version when I get my 705s. Highly recommeded. Check em out at www.standsandmounts.com
      The DF series looks alot like the Nautilus stands.

Comment

Working...
      😀
      😂
      🥰
      😘
      🤢
      😎
      😞
      😡
      👍
      👎
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"