X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fred Penders
    • Aug 2004

Speaker / subwoofer setup

I use my rsp 1066 together with rmb 100 amps and a REL Storm subwoofer. The main (front) speakers are Elipson Colonne Design. The sound of the front speakers in combination with the REL in stereo is not as good as it was when the REL was connected to the high output of my Luxman amp. I think the front speakers are not getting the full spectrum? What is the best speaker setup? Can I choose full spectrum to the front speakers together with full spectrum to the sub output and use the REL's turn over?

Fred
  • greggz
    • Jun 2002

Hi Fred,

Are you only connecting to the REL via the LFE now because you are using monoblocks?

If so, check the "Mode" selector on the back of your REL. If should be in either position 2 or 4 depending on if you need 0 or 180 degree phase for your speakers.

If I had to guess, you have the Mode selector on your REL in either position 1 or 3 and what is happening is that the bass is being sent to the REL via the LFE and then being filtered by the crossover on the REL (which is probably set somewhere between 25Hz and 35Hz).
    Gregg

Our Home Theater

Comment

• greggz
      • Jun 2002

A 2nd thought. If you have your mains configured as LARGE on the RSP-1068 and only have your REL connected via the LFE now, the RSP will send a full range signal to your mains, but NONE of that signal will be shared with the REL now that you dont have the high level connection anymore.

If you are only going to connect to your REL via the LFE, then you need to set all of your speakers to SMALL on the RSP-1068.
      Last edited by greggz; 14 October 2004, 21:51 Thursday.
      Gregg

Our Home Theater

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"