X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • segre
    • Oct 2004

1068+1075 or 1056

I was wondering how much of a difference will getting a RSP-1068 and RMB-1075 be from getting the RSX-1056. The receiver is obviously a lot cheaper, but I realize that components will sound better. I am primarily interested in music, though I do care about theater as well. I have B&W 602s as my fronts, LM1s as surround and LCR-6 as center channel. I hope to upgrade my fronts to 705's maybe, but I want to improve my receiver first. Let me know...Thanks!

segre
  • kiki
    • Sep 2004

That was dilema 6 months ago and I just bought the 1068+1075 for around 3 weeks. I post in around 5 forums and 90% advice was get pre/power giving you more update option rather than stuck with one box receiver.

Comment

• dermie999
      • Jul 2004

I agree with kiki. IMO the separates route is far superior to the receiver route in terms of flexibility and cost of future upgrades (and there WILL be future upgrades).

Trevor

Comment

• shadow
        • Dec 2003

Don't the upgrades also apply to the 1056??

Comment

• Fred7
          • Jul 2004

The 1056 has pre-outs so you can add an amp later if you want. I originally had an RSP-1066 but went with the 1056 receiver when I 'upgraded'. For me I just couldn't justify the extra cost and the sound quality of the RSX-1056 was better that the RSP-1066 in my opinion, especially with the enhanced bass management that the 1056 ( and 1068 ) has. I never did compare the 1056 receiver to the 1068 processor. You'll have to judge for yourself.

Comment

• dermie999
            • Jul 2004

You're right shadow upgrades apply to the 1056 as well. My point is that if Rotel add new surround sound modes etc you can get access to these by adding a new pre/pro rather than getting a new receiver and paying for amps that haven't been upgraded. Just my opinion though.

Trevor

Comment

• Scherr
              • Dec 2003

But the flip side of that argument is that you can get the 1056 + the 1075 for $400.00 cheaper than the 1068 and 1075. You get the separate amp and now can power your back center surrounds with the 1056's internal amp. You give up a little on sound quality, but get more channels, a tuner, and just as much upgradability when it is time for a new pre/pro or receiver.

Just my opinion. I know Andrew had the 1066, sold it and bought a 1055, for this reason. Of course, he has since upgraded to the 1098!

Scott

Comment

• segre
                • Oct 2004

Thanks for replying everyone. I guess there are good arguments to go both ways, so I have a tough decision to make...though I may have to let the wallet talk and then I have no choice. Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"