X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • benxx
    • Aug 2004

1056 D/A convert

I was wondering if it make sense to buy a preamp and cd player for a 1056/B&W setup (603 front, 601 rear, Lcr600 center, ASW650 sub)? How much difference it make if I just get a DVD/SACD player from say Sony or Samsung, pass digital signal to the receiver and let 1056 do the decoding and A/D converting job?
  • theMaximus
    • Jul 2004

Originally posted by benxx
    I was wondering if it make sense to buy a preamp and cd player for a 1056/B&W setup (603 front, 601 rear, Lcr600 center, ASW650 sub)? How much difference it make if I just get a DVD/SACD player from say Sony or Samsung, pass digital signal to the receiver and let 1056 do the decoding and A/D converting job?
    I don't understand how you can add a preamp for 1056. You can add a power amp and use 1056 as a preamp. If you listen to a lot of music on CDs, it is definitely worth buying a dedicated CD player (in general, mid-end CD players will sound better than high-end DVD players as far as CD play back is concerned). I have a Cambridge Audio Azur 540C CD player hooked up to 1056, and I really like the sound I get in analog bypass mode(no digital processing of the signal).

As for your second question, you may notice slight decrease in sound quality by listening to CDs using a DVD player and digital connection to your 1056 as opposed to using a CD player. However, DAC in 1056 does do a pretty good job. Keep in mind that some high-end DVD players are extremely good with CD playback. As far as SACD is concerned, you DVD player has to do the decoding and analog signals are sent to 1056 via multi-input. 1056 (or any other receiver that I know of) cannot do the D/A converting for SACD.
    Victory Shall Be Mine!!! :heh:

Comment

• Bam!
      Super Senior Member
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by benxx
      :blink:

No can do bud...

1056 has pre out.....no main in....and if it did have a main in....what pre/Pro would be better than 1056....without having a dedicated amp ?

:blink:
      Got a nice rack to show me ?

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"