X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bing Fung
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Aug 2000

How Many Fuses in a 1095

How many fuses are in a 1095 and where are they located?

Is there only two?
    Bing
  • jlee
    • Aug 2004

There are at LEAST SIX, and 4 of them are very hard to reach! 2 in the front, and 2 on each side, but lower and behind some circuit boards!

Comment

• Bing Fung
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Aug 2000

Wow, that many huh...?

How do you get at those ones on the side, behind the boards?

Thanks!
      Bing

Comment

• jlee
        • Aug 2004

With a small set of tweezers/pliers and dextrous hands... or I guess u have to remove some of the circuit boards to get better access.

Why do you need to access those fuses anyways?

On a side note, I had a problem with my 1095 when I used only 1 channel... basically it blew a transistor... so my center channel died... started using the left front channel... worked fine for a week... then it died... went over to the left rear channel... worked fine for 2 weeks... then died... finally went over to the right front channel and then traded it in on my dealer trade in program... I went with CAM-200 monoblocks but was waiting for the center channel CAM-200 in the meantime... which is why I had to use just 1 channel of the 1095... only explanation I could think of is that Rotel assumed that a minimum of 2 channels would always be used with the 1095 and with only 1 being used, something was being overloaded and blew... I changed the fuses, but they immediately blew so I'm pretty sure it was a transistor... anybody else experience anything like this?

Comment

• Bing Fung
          Ultra Senior Member
          • Aug 2000

I have one surround channel (left) that has stopped working, no output. No protection lights are illuminated.
          Bing

Comment

• GosonFletchy
            • May 2004

There are 10 fuses inside, 2 per channel. You can find this kind of info on the Rotel website. http://rotel.com/support/techups/techup-A5.htm

Just make sure that you have the unit unplugged when you go inside of it

G.

:grab:

Comment

• Bing Fung
              Ultra Senior Member
              • Aug 2000

Wow, 10 fuses :E This could take a bit of time to find. More so, if it is a fuse, what would cause it to blow?

Thanks Goson
              Bing

Comment

• Taito
                • Sep 2004

Hi Bing,

The amp drawing too much current (for the fuse) for whatever reason would have caused a fuse to blow. That's the whole point. The fuse dies, so your amp doesn't have to .

Although there are 10 fuses, you can narrow it down to 2 by locating your surround left amp (from its input and output). This should make finding the dead fuse less time consuming. Also, if in doubt, your dealer should be happy to change the fuse over (probably for the cost of the fuse). This is probably a good idea anyway, as messing around inside your amp could void its warranty.

-Ben

Comment

• Bing Fung
                  Ultra Senior Member
                  • Aug 2000

Taito, thanks for pointing out the obvious :lol:

The reason I'm surprized is this is a Left Surround that powers a B&W 601 S2, I haven't been bag driving it that hard enough to want to blow a fuse, so if it's drawing enough current to blow a fuse, something has to be really wrong. Either that or it's the same 12V triggering mechanisim that has plauged a few 1080's, causing blown fuses.
                  Bing

Comment

• Bing Fung
                    Ultra Senior Member
                    • Aug 2000

Alrighty, I opened up the 1095 an found all those fuses. They all checked out ok with a multimeter :evil:

My local Authorized Rotel warranty centre do not want to fix it. They stated that they don't see alot of these and that they would not know were to begin on it.
                    Bing

Comment

• dermie999
                      • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Bing Fung

My local Authorized Rotel warranty centre do not want to fix it. They stated that they don't see alot of these and that they would not know were to begin on it.
                      Is your unit still under warranty and if it is how can an authorized warranty centre refuse to carry out warranty work?

Trevor

Comment

• Bing Fung
                        Ultra Senior Member
                        • Aug 2000

Yes, it's still under warranty. I have to ship the amp out to another repair centre.
                        Bing

Comment

• aarsoe
                          • May 2004

Sounds like the same issue I had with mine. Turned out to be one of the input boards.. Hope you will get it fixed all right..

Comment

• Bing Fung
                            Ultra Senior Member
                            • Aug 2000

Humm, thanks for the input Anders.
                            Bing

Comment

• jlee
                              • Aug 2004

Bing, I see that you got the side compartment to slide out. Those are the 4 fuses that were difficult to get to. In fact, I only saw two per side which is why I said at least 6 (2 per side, and then 2 easy to get to ones in the front). How did you get the side compartment to slide out like that? I no longer have mine. I traded it in, but I'm just curious.

Anybody have any idea on the problem I had? The 2 front fuses were blowing upon startup. In other words, I would replace them, plug in the AC cord, and push the Standby button in, and boom, the fuses blew. The 4 on the upper sides were ok, but not sure about the 4 lower down on the sides. Is it possible that if 1 of those other fuses I didn't is blown and not replaced it will cause the 2 front fuses to blow right away?

Comment

• Bing Fung
                                Ultra Senior Member
                                • Aug 2000

Jlee, I had to remove about 15 screws on the left side of the amp.
                                Last edited by Bing Fung; 08 October 2004, 23:03 Friday.
                                Bing

Comment

Working...
                                Searching...Please wait.
                                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                Search Result for "|||"