X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tomasito
    • Dec 2009

RB-1095 fuse change

Hello,
    Has anyone changed the fuse in a RB-1095.
    I don't get audio coming out of the rear channe, I think one of the fuses is blown. I opened the 1095 and the fuses are buried way in the PCB.

I experienced this with the 1080, It was a blown fuse. The fuses in the RB-1080 is easily accessible, easy to change, but it's not so with the RB-1090

Is there an easy way to check the fuse to do this?
  • ClosetSciFiGeek
    • Oct 2009

Possible Alternate Solution w/o Removing Fuse

Unless there is a parallel path around the fuse you could try attaching a set of alligator clips to the tips of your ohmmeter and running wire to some sacrificial paperclips that you can bend into creative shapes to get at the ends of the fuse to see if it is reading open. Don't have a Rotel, but I have had to do some creative thinking to get through a problem like this before. Good luck.
    "You get what you Inspect, not what you Expect"
    -Hyman G. Rickover

Comment

• tomasito
      • Dec 2009

this is a good idea
      thanks,

Comment

• windshear
        • Dec 2004

I just had a look at the circuit diagram for the RMB1095 and each channel has two fuses, so that is the first thing to check. The left rear is F501 and F502. The right rear is F101 and F102. Just dont forget to do this with the mains power lead unplugged and be aware that measuring in circuit for resitence or continuity with a multimeter, you may have sparks if the capacitors are still charged.

Comment

• tomasito
          • Dec 2009

I followed closetscifigeek suggestion, the multimter indicated there is a blown fuse. But it is difficult to get into. This is the predicament I have right know.
          Any suggestions?

Comment

• hurin
            • Sep 2009

It should be simple to take the innards apart with a screwdriver until you can get to the fuse. Just remember to ground yourself and don't use violence when disconnecting the cables.

There are two numbers on the fuse, big one is voltage the small one is ampere.

Comment

• tomasito
              • Dec 2009

OK I'll take it easy in taking apart

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"