X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ted
    • May 2006

RSP-1066 vs 1068 vs 1069

I'm considering moving from my RSX-1057 (which I love) to separates this year. I'm wondering if there is a big difference sonically between the RSP-1066, 1068, and 1069?

HDMI does not sell it for me, so I'm not too concerned if it does or does not have HDMI compatibility. I have Rotel RDV-1060 for my DVD player and I have a PS3 too, both hooked up with component video which I'm fine with. At this point, I have no interest in Blu-Ray (beyond my PS3) or HD-DVD until one format wins or universal players are more common.

If I'm going for a basic 5.1 set-up that works with Dolby or DTS, do I have a great advantage of a 1068 over a 1066, or 1069 over a 1068? Oh, it is for 95%+ movies.

What are the major differences?

Thanks in advance!
    Ted

"I've gone to this high school for seven and a half years - I'm no dummy." - Better Off Dead opcorn:
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

Well your 1057 is going to sound 95% of what the 1068 will sound like. Which both are much improved over the 1066 (mostly in setup options, but sound quality as well). The 1069 sounds better then my 1098 in PLII modes and stereo, but about equal in DTS and Dolby modes. So you might see an improvement there, but honestly you're not going to gain much over your 1057. You'll get better sound from BR from your PS3, but that's about it.

I would personally go separates, but keep your 1057 as a pre-amp for now. When the HD/BR settles (and Rotel figures all the HDMI 1.3 crap out) I would then upgrade the front unit.

Kevin D.

Comment

• sirbogey
      • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Kevin D
      The 1069 sounds better then my 1098 in PLII modes and stereo,
      why's that? I thought the 1098 was superior in sound quality incl. stereo.
      I had no chance to A/B them.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"