X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mpauline
    • Dec 2003

Upgrade question - 1098

Hello,

I just picked up my RSP 1098 and my RB 1080 from my dealer today. I am so excited. To bad that I cannot use them until my theater is finished in 3 weeks :cry: I look forward to hearing it again after thinking it was fantastic sounding in the demo. The 1098 has nice lines (look) and weighs so much more than the RSP 976 which it is replacing.

I am kind of perturbed with my dealer as he said it would already have the Dolby Prologic IIx loaded. It does not so I have to do the upgrade.

Quick question...do I have to install version 1.1.8 or can I go straight to the EEPROM upgrade and install the 2.2.1 version. In other words does version 2.1.1. have the 1.1.8 features also included.

Thanks,

Mark
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

You can go direct to 211 after the eprom update as it contains all the previous fixes etc.

Welcome to Club Rotel you're going to love that combo:T What amp are you going to be using for the other channels?

Comment

• mpauline
      • Dec 2003

Andrew,

Thanks very much for the quick response to the newbie question.

I am using the 1095 to power my 5 channels. It should be sweet sounding, really, really sweet :dance:

Mark

Comment

• Azeke
        Super Senior Member
        • Mar 2003

Welcome to Club Rotel Mark. I have the very same combo and it is certainly a beautiful thing, esp., with 7.1 and DoProIIx .

Are you going to run a 7.1 configuration?

I certainly empathize with you, three weeks is quite a wait , but absolutely worth it.

Regards,

Azeke

Comment

• mpauline
          • Dec 2003

Azeke,

Yes I am definitely going to run 7.1 with my new 1098. I am excited to try it out. It sounded so amazing when I auditioned it at the AV store. Compared it with the MC8, Rotel 1068, the Anthem AVM 20 and the Krell Showcase. The 1098 was the winner for me based on price to performance issues.

Mark

Comment

Working...
          😀
          😂
          🥰
          😘
          🤢
          😎
          😞
          😡
          👍
          👎
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"