X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • coverup
    • Jun 2004

Audio issue w/ Set top box

To all,
    I sent this email text below the dotted line to rotel tech support and thought I should post here to see if anyone else has had this or if a thread has already been posted on it.
    I have not seen one yet so forgive me if I missed it.

My discussions with the dealer left me feeling like I was not going to be happy with the answer.
    The old rope a dope routine seems to be in play.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Has anyone heard of this?

My dealer is a pretty good group of folks.
    I am not dissatisfied with them and I think they will call when they have a guy scheduled out my way. For now it may take another call though.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

===========================================

I got my 1068 in June.

I use an SA 8000HD DVR box for TV input.

When I switch STB channels the 1068 is not locking in on the audio stream and I hear nothing unless I change channels back and forth or switch the inputs on the 1068.

I just noticed tonight that I can also keep punching the "TV" input and it will then pick up the dolby digital signal, the 48K comes up, and the red dolby digital light shows up on the display.

This does not appear to be just the PCM streams, but 5.1 audio as well.
    I think my 1068 is messing up. I can not tolerate this type of defect.

What are my options.
    I stopped by my dealer last week after talking to them two weeks prior.
    They said they would have someone call me but they seemed to dismiss this as a non issue.
    I have not heard from them yet.

It is a big issue for me.
    I don't want to let too much time pass without this being formally documented.
    I am not interested in owning this issue for the life of the product. Way to annoying.

Please advise if there are any app notes regarding this issue or if a software fix is available.
  • GosonFletchy
    • May 2004

These buttons that you are punching and channels changing are on the HD box right? Have you contacted the people that make your HD box and seen if there is a setting that needs to be changed within its setup to fix its output? Why do you think this is a problem with the 1068? Does the 1068 have trouble locking on signals from any other source?

G.

:grab:

Comment

• Mark_C.
      • Jan 2003

Check your source first. Many ST boxes are buggie. Don't assume it's the Rotel. Postpone the rage until you're sure what to be mad about. You might start analyzing the problem by first reading through the manual for the STB.

Comment

• aud19
        Twin Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2003

There have been numerous threads on this in fact, try doing a serch in Club Rotel to read up Short version is that some cable and satellite STB's as well as some older DVD players do not properly send a signal out when they're changing channels/tracks. As such the 1068 in your case, loses the signal temporarily. Some people have had success by upgrading the cable (my new Cat Cable glass optical locks on to tracks switching from DD to DTS much better now, where my cheap old plastic one would sometimes not catch the switch) or switching out the component.

Jason
        Jason

Comment

• coverup
          • Jun 2004

Thanks to all of you.
          I swapped out the STB and it did make a difference.
          The Rotel is NOT my issue.
          I was pretty certain that trouble shooting pointed to the 1068 since I could re enter the particular video input (TV) and capture the signal.
          But now I know the STD was the culprit.
          I have requested a new HDSTB and will give that a shot.

Thanks again folks.

Need to go email Rotel.
          Last edited by coverup; 01 October 2004, 16:28 Friday.

Comment

• aud19
            Twin Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2003

Glad you got it all worked out :T

Jason
            Jason

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"