X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tke743
    • Feb 2004

1068 Issue

I have three video sources going through the Component inputs. One of these is a HDTV source pushing 720p. This source cannot be shut off unless you unplug it.

The issue is that in all of the other sources there is a green line through the screen when the 720p source is plugged in. When it is unplugged all works as it should. I'm assuming that this is crosstalk between the channels of Component.

Anyone have any ideas as to how to fix this? (My current solution of having the 720p source on a separate power strip and toggling the power is not my desired final setup.)
  • aud19
    Twin Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2003

That's a tough one Ian. Though this isn't really a "solution" I would think whatever your 720p source is it's a pretty high quality source. Have you considered sending it straight to your display? Does your display have more than one set of component inputs to allow this? It is generally recommended that, especially for high quality sources, you have as few connections and as short cables as possible.

I've heard of some folks having trouble with video outputs of some satellite receivers, what is the equipment in question? With more sepcific information hopefully we'll be able to give you a more specific answer

Jason

Need a new display? Questions about new display technologies? Visit RPTVs, plasmas, and other monitors @ HTguide
    Jason

Comment

• tke743
      • Feb 2004

The source is a Samsung sir-t160. It has an issue so that it does not shut off. (Early version issue.)

My projector has only one component input, so I need to use the switch in the 1068.

Any help is appreciated.

Comment

• nyckid
        • Feb 2004

i recently bot a 1066 with the latest firmware version (this will be important later) and was getting the green lines (not hum bars) when i was using the rotel for component input switching. i played around alot with the cables and source components and this is what i ultimately determined (fyi, the 1066 has only two component inputs): if two sources were connected to both component inputs, then the source connected to the 2nd input always produced the green bars, this occurred regardless of the source. if only one input was used, then the green bars would not appear (it didnt matter which input or source). i spoke with my dealer and rotel about this, and rotel decided the unit was bad, so i returned it to them for a fix. they sent it back to me with new parts and the green bars still appeared. my dealer took the unit back and sent me an older 1066 that he had on display with an older firmware version. this unit does not produce the green bars. if the new 1068 has this problem then maybe the problem is in the updated software or updated hardware of the 1066/1068. if anyone from rotel is reading this, please address this issue. thanks.

Comment

• aud19
          Twin Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2003

That is interesting.... Maybe Andrew will jump in here with some info that he can pass along to his contact at Rotel. Other than that I would e-mail Rotel tech support and pass along the info nyckid posted and see if they have any thoughts/solutions on the matter.

Jason

Need a new display? Questions about new display technologies? Visit RPTVs, plasmas, and other monitors @ HTguide
          Jason

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2000

Hmm that's odd indeed. I'll pass this along to my contacts and see what they can tell us about what's going on.

Comment

• alkaline6
              • Nov 2003

Can you define the green bars?

My experience with the RSP-1066 yielded the following:
              - with Digital Cable to Comp1 and DVD to Comp2, green streaky lines during cable viewing
              - reversed, everything OK

Comments?

Comment

• nyckid
                • Feb 2004

the green lines are horizontal and streaky, they do not roll up or down the screen. reversing the components in my setup does not eliminate the green lines. the lines appear in whatever component is connected to the 2nd input (as long as both inputs have sources connected). is this a common problem in component switchers? it is discouraging that this problem may exist in the 1068, i had planned to upgrade to it.

Comment

• nyckid
                  • Feb 2004

andrew, i spoke to rotel technical support when this problem first surfaced and they concluded that the component switcher circuitry was bad. they told me that symptoms were either no picture being displayed or color bleeding. however after they replaced the circuitry it still occurred. the problem sounds more insiduous then a faulty unit. can rotel confirm this is a problem and they have a fix for it?

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"