X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Micke.H
    • Sep 2004

1068 subwoofer setup..

When set the subwoofer at "max" in settings do my frontspeakers get the same lowbas as the subwoofer?
    Canton ergo-rcl can handle the lowfrekvensis to if they get it :P
  • Aussie Geoff
    Super Senior Member
    • Oct 2003

Hi,

Let me quote from the manual under the SPEAKER SETUP menu:
    Select the MAX setting for maximum bass output with normal bass
    being duplicated by both the subwoofer and any LARGE speakers in the system.
    This means that any speaker you have set to LARGE gets its own bass and bass from any SMALL speakers (i.e. all the "normal bass"). The Subwoofer gets this same "normal bass" as well as (for 5.1 sources) the .1 LFE track which is (as far as I am aware) not sent to the LARGE speakers even on the MAX setting so long as you have a subwoofer configured.

This is sensible as .1 LFE tracks have very deep loud bass that could damage speakers, but the normal channels have bass that a floorstanding speaker could be expected to play. What this setting does leave the bass with the LARGE speakers but send it to the subwoofer as well....

Try it - I find it is too much bass - but different tastes...

Geoff

Comment

• Micke.H
      • Sep 2004

Ok,i have tryed it and it was a bit too mutch bass for me too,it dident sound as clean as before..
      Hey Aussie thanks for a very fast answer : )
      And another thing im curius about is the DAC`s on the 1068... how good are they?..
      Should a use them with my supra coax or go with analog "Kimber" out from my Pioneer 668 when playing cd ?

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"