X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rotel9384
    • Sep 2006

rsp-1068 poor bass

Hi!

I know with a subwoofer the bass from 1068 is earth-shaking, but without it and small bookshelf speakers I can't turn the bass high enough. I turned the contour LF all speakers to max and LF front speakers to max and the LF button on the front to max, but yet it still isn't good enough. Enything else I can do? Does floorstanding speakers help, or is using a sub the only solution?
  • shadow
    • Dec 2003

You need speakers with stong bass response below 60 hz to get bass. Thats what your sub is for so why not use it?

Comment

• rotel9384
      • Sep 2006

I just think you should be able to use the same equipment with two small speakers also.
      How about a firmware upgrade that makes the LF go higher than the current max?

Comment

• Kevin D
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Oct 2002

It's not the equipment, its the speakers. Small bookshelf speakers just cannot reproduce low bass like a full range speaker or sub.

You can check and make sure your front speakers are set to LARGE and sub to NO.

The LF setting is only going to increase a small frequency range by a small Db level. If you really want to overdrive and distort the bass get an EQ.

Kevin D.

Comment

• rotel9384
          • Sep 2006

I set the speakers back to small and mixed in the sub with crossover 40hz. Now it's there quite unnoticed and it sounds great.

Comment

• rotel9384
            • Sep 2006

Also tried to digital cable from my laptop and the built in EQ in winamp. Great bass even without sub. Thanks for the tip.

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"