X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HTguy
    • Sep 2004

1068+1075 and BW602 or BW705

HI,

I just upgraded my system from the Marantz SR7000 to Rotel 1068/1075. As expected, the audio quality improves significantly with the same BW602 speaker set. I plan to upgrade my speakers to BW705,HTM7. My question is if I should expect another jump in performance with the speaker upgrade. I enjoy HT as well as music like Norah Jones, Eric Clapton, Eagles, Yanni ...I really approeciate your inputs.

thanks,

HTguy
  • aud19
    Twin Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2003

My personal input would be to skip a line, it will be a much more noticeable improvement if you do IMO. Nothing saying you can't do it in steps either. Upgrade your front three first and move some of your current speakers rearward...

Jason
    Jason

Comment

• Aussie Geoff
      Super Senior Member
      • Oct 2003

HTGuy,

Go listen carefully to the 705 / HTM7 combination. IMO it is a big step up for music than the 602s you have now - but you need to listen for yourself and decide. The next generation up (the 805 / HTM7) can be quite a lot more money so you should compare carefully as to which you like. We have had several posts on this very subject in Club B&W with some liking the 705s better except on really high priced amplifiers... Be aware that one gentleman actually prefered the 602s to the 705s though! Most people would agree the 705 is a big step up from the 602 - difference is in clarity of midrange and sweetness of treble - you need to listen and decide if the step up is enough for your money!

PS - There is also the interesting option of larger speakers in the 700 series like the 704 and 703 - worth a listen if you have the space....

Geoff

Comment

• kiki
        • Sep 2004

Got my 705+htm7 for 1 week, driving by 1068+1075, they are really clear and sweet sound. I havent really fully set it up yet, lots to play with. I'm using $3/m speaker cable now and my qed silver anniversary bi wire order from uk is on the way. 705 is weak on the lower end, for HT, you have to get a nice sub (I still saving money for it)

I have try NAD163+973 and Rotel 1068+1075 driving 705+htm7 and Paradigm studio 40 and 470 center. At the end chosen 1068+1075 and B&W705+htm7.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"