X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pdr711
    • Sep 2004

Question about 12v trigger hookup

My dealer said connect the cable from the IN on the 1080 to the 1 slot on the 1056. It does not work.

There are only two slots on the 1080-IN or OUT.
    There are three slots on the 1056 1, 2, ZONE.
    I have tried many different ways of connection and still get nothing. In the OSD I chose all under the 12v trigger input.

Thanks again
    Dan
  • Taito
    • Sep 2004

Hi Dan, is the cable which you are using for the trigger connection stereo or mono? I have my trigger OUT from my preamp to the trigger IN on my 1080.

I use a mono cable and have not had any problems, but I'ev heard of people who have used a stereo cable having problems (I haven't varified this myself).

Also, there is a switch on the back of the 1080 which switches on the trigger-sensing circuitry. If this is off, your 1080 will not react to the trigger. When it is switched on, the main power switch for your 1080 must be on also (LED on). If the trigger switch is on and the 1080 is on, but there is no trigger signal, the amp will be on standby mode and hence not operate.

I hope this helps. I haven't used the 1056, but you have a great amp in the 1080.

-Ben

Comment

• PiDD
      • Aug 2003

I was surprised when I went to my Rotel dealer and told them I didnt get the 12v trigger wire with either my 1095 or 1098. He informed me that Rotel doesnt supply em! I was shocked! Over $5000 of gear and they cant include a $0.50 cable!

In not doing so they introduce a bunch of problems of people trying to make their own, possible using the wrong ends or even wiring them wrong.

I would think it would be just easier to supply the cable. Then Dan could take that out of his problem solving issues.

Another note Dan, I did have a Rotel pre that the 12v triggers just didnt work. In the menu run through the trigger selections you should here clicking as you do.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"