X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ezc
    • May 2003

just got my 1065 any tweaks reccomended

Im new to this forum but seems to be the be the best place for Rotel info! I just got a RSX 1065
    Is there any reccomended tweaks that can or should be done? So far the 1065 preformance has been 100% better than my Onkyo txds 595. Im running LSi15 in the fromt mains, LSiC & LSiFX for the rear surrounds. Im very happy with the reciver, but if there are ways to improve Id give it a shot!
  • simonb68
    • Jan 2003

Hi, welcome, good to hear you're pleased with your purchase.

As to tweaks - better quality interconnects and rack, plenty of breathing space etc

Not sure what if anything can be done to the unit itself though to improve it.

Comment

• Azeke
      Super Senior Member
      • Mar 2003

Have you calibrated your speakers utilizing an SPL meter to ensure all speakers are at the same decibel level?

Azeke

Comment

• Ron67
        • Apr 2003

Congrats on your purchase!

Read the FAQ regarding firmware updates etc. Those may be useful depending on when your unit shipped from the factory. There are a few minor changes/updates etc.

I just bought my 1065 last week and it came with the connector for linking to your computer. A nice touch I thought! If you're has it, don't loose it.

What remote did yours have? I was supprised to find that Rotel changed the remote. I have a 1050 instead of the 9XX.

Comment

• ezc
          • May 2003

Thanks for the replys! I have a Boltz rack with super spikes, & I had to increase the shelf hight from 10" to 14" with new side & back supports so there is enough room for cooling. I just got the upgraded software e-mailed to me & ill put it in later this weekend. The speakers are calibrated & sound 100% better with this revicer. I did get the new remote & the programing cable included with my 1065. This reciver has preformed well over what I had expected. Im very satisfied with the preformance 1065 so far. One thing I noticed is that the 1065 runs very warm compared to my Onkyo. The onkyo never got warm to a point where the top shelf got warm but with the 1065 the top shelf gets warm during normal use. My first upgrade was ordering the 14" supports to have more room for cooling, I had to order it the day after I got the reciver installed. Thanks for the input

Comment

• TonyPTX
            • Apr 2003

EZC....you lerking in here too!!! LOL. Glad you're happy ma' man. See you around the Polk forum.

"Those that don't know, don't know they don't know."
            "Those that don't know, don't know they don't know."

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"