Help with RSX-1065 and 7.1 Setup please!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ejfiii
    • May 2003

Help with RSX-1065 and 7.1 Setup please!

Hi, sorry for the noobie post, I tried to search and came up dry.

I just bought a 1065 to form the backbone of my new and first HT. I have an older Acurus A250 2 channel amp that I intended to use for the two front main speakers, thus freeing up the 5 1065 internal channels for the center and 4 surround speakers. I have the unit but will not be installing until this weekend and was poking through the owners manual .pdf and noticed that there is obviously only speaker outputs for the 5 main channels on the 1065. So my question:

Obviously I was planning on using the preouts for the front speakers to the amp and connecting the speaker wires to the outboard amp. Am I able to reprogram the 1065 to allow the on board speaker posts or connections to power the other 5 speakers, or do I HAVE to use the outboard amp for the 6 and 7 channels, with the fronts connected to the 1065?

I hope this makes sense to someone who may be able to help.

Thanks much.

E. J.

My HT
    My HT
  • TonyPTX
    • Apr 2003

To my understanding, only the Rotel RSX-1055 has the front-to-rear channel/amp redirect feature, NOT the 1065. So you're either going to use the L/R main amps off of the receiver to power some speakers, or not use them at all.

"Those that don't know, don't know they don't know."

Comment

• Snatchfrigit
      • Apr 2003

Hi,
      The RSX 1065 has two outputs for the centre back speakers, connect your amp to these and you will have 7.1.
      I hpor this help,
      Kev.

Kev
      Kev

Comment

• ejfiii
        • May 2003

Thanks for the help guys. Turns out Rotel confirmed that the 1065 does not share the reassigning of the center back speakers like the 1055. So I bought a second outboard two channel amp for the center rears. So now I will have my good high power amp for the fronts and a Parasound 600 amp for the center backs.

Thanks, again.

E. J.

My HT
        My HT

Comment

• TonyPTX
          • Apr 2003

Glad to help.

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"