X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • terry78
    • Jan 2003

Long Interconnects and Rotel

Has anyone used really long interconnects (about 25 feet) with the RSP-1066? I'm thinking of adding an RB-1050 and a pair of center rear speakers to my RSP-1066/RMB-1075 combo to get a full seven channel system. I could put the new amp back by the speakers and use a 12 year old pair of Straight Wire TMC interconnects that I used to use in a separate stereo system. The other interconnects would only be 3 feet long.

I'm also considering using a long interconnect for my subwoofer so I can move it to the rear of the room. Any feedback on use of long interconnects with Rotel equipment, especially the RSP-1066 is appreciated!
    When I get my final config and lengths determined, I'll likely talk to Doug (Lex) about new interconnects and speaker cables...........Terry
  • Lex
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Apr 2001

Terry, I can't speak as to Rotel specifics, but you should be ok at 25 feet. I actually have problems with going longer than this for video before audio. But up to 25 feet for both is usually ok.

Lex
    Doug
    "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• Matt Sprouls
      • Apr 2003

I have had a 23ft and 18ft sub cable on my 1055 and did not have any trouble.
      Regards,
      Matt

Comment

• terry78
        • Jan 2003

Thanks Lex and msprouls! I hope to get the new equipment and try it with the long interconnects..........Terry

Comment

Working...
        😀
        😂
        🥰
        😘
        🤢
        😎
        😞
        😡
        👍
        👎
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"