rotel 1080+1075 or 1095 to drive Sonus Faber speakers?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dixon
    • Jul 2004

rotel 1080+1075 or 1095 to drive Sonus Faber speakers?

Hi,I need some advice.I just bought Sonus Faber speakers(main+center +surounds),was a very good deal,3 years old,but in perfect condition,biwiring all of them.I use a Rotel 1075 to drive them,but it's seem the amp has not enough power to drive them properly.I really don't know how much power they have,I found only on the internet for new model(250w for front,c+s 200w)The speakers are Grand Piano Concerto for front,Concertino for back and Piccolo Solo for center.I have to push more the volume to make them sing,comparativ with my old speakers and more volume for DVD audio or SACD.Witch is better to buy Rotel 1080 to drive the front and keep the 1075 or to upgrade to 1095?Most of the time a listen 2 chanell music,but also like HT.Or is better to biamp/it's possible?
    Any advice is welcome,thanks in advance,
    dixon
  • Azeke
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2003

What's your budget and speaker specifications?

That will help us determine your needs.

Just a quick thought, since you enjoy 2 channel stereo, a separate amp is optimal, just IMHO.

Regards,

Azeke

Comment

• dixon
      • Jul 2004

I don't know the specs for speaker are,because I don't have the manual,was missing,but according for new model is 35-20000 hz and 90 db sensivity for front,50-20000 surround and 40-20000 for center.But like I said, that is for new model,I diden't found anything on internet for my model.Mine are biwiring,the new model not and maybe is more difference but I can't tell witch one.The only thing I know is the new model is easy to drive comparativ with my model(I made an audition at Magnolia Hi-Fi)My budget is arround 2 k for a amp if is necessary

Comment

• Azeke
        Super Senior Member
        • Mar 2003

Okay, based on that information, I would purchase the RMB-1075 (center and rears) and the RB-1080 (front channel duty), with proper speaker calibration this should be fine.

BTW, what receiver or pre-pro are you using?

Will it handle both amps?

Just my quick thoughts, I am sure other forum members will provide further input.

Good luck,

Azeke

Comment

• dixon
          • Jul 2004

I already own the Rotel 1075 who drive all the speakers :T I use like pre/pro denon avr 3083 but it will be replace by Rotel RSP 1068(it's on the way,in a few days will be at my home)

Comment

• Azeke
            Super Senior Member
            • Mar 2003

Originally posted by dixon
            I already own the Rotel 1075 who drive all the speakers :T I use like pre/pro denon avr 3083 but it will be replace by Rotel RSP 1068(it's on the way,in a few days will be at my home)

My apologies, I didn't notice that you already owned the 1075, then your purchase is simple, the RB-1080 to drive the fronts.

Good luck,

Azeke

Comment

• dixon
              • Jul 2004

thanks Azeke

Comment

• Azeke
                Super Senior Member
                • Mar 2003

You're welcome.

Azeke

Comment

• aud19
                  Twin Moderator Emeritus
                  • Aug 2003

Ditto, 1080 :T

Jason
                  Jason

Comment

• Stevebez
                    • Oct 2003

Thats my setup and it is really a good match...

Rgds Steve.

Comment

Working...
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"