X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ETPhoneHome
    • May 2003

Rotel RSP-1066 Placement question!!

Hi,

I just purchased the Rotel RSP1066 with RMB 1075. I was wondering if it's ok to place the RSP1066 directly on top of the RMB1075 like the picture on the WWW.Rotel.com??
  • Mats
    Special Member
    • Jun 2000

it's best to give them their own shelf. amps should have about four inches of breathing room on the sides and top to ensure cooling.
    Mats
    Mats Strömberg
    Ah! It's a profit deal! Takes the pressure off! Get your weight guessed right here! Only a buck! Actual live weight guessing! Take a chance and win some crap!
    Navin R Johnson (alias Steve Martin)

Comment

• ETPhoneHome
      • May 2003

Thanks for the info!! I guess I will have to get a new rack and redo all the wires...

Comment

• Mark_C.
        • Jan 2003

It's a hassle, but worth keeping the 1066 off the 1075. My 1075 doesn't get that hot, but I don't want to chance damaging either the 1075 or my 1066.

Comment

• Entice
          • Nov 2002

Let's face it, Not many of us will explore the boundaries, or find the limitations of these products. I have a 1066 and a 1095. The 1066 sits directly on top of the 1095. The 1095 is used to drive (very) inefficient speakers. During burn in proceedures I left the units on for a copuple of days, driving some pretty heavy loads. the 1095 barely got warm. the 1066 did generate heat. Neither created a concern, nor caused a problem. I'd say that the placement of a unit above the 1066 would be a no-no, if indeed it obstructed the air vents on the top of the 1066 cover. Otherwise....no problems at all. So...go forth and don't be concerned...Don't they have thermal protection circuitry anywway?

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"