X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dedepas8
    • Aug 2004

Unable to turn on RSP1098

Since I had this unit last week, I encount twice now that I was unable to turn on the unit (both form remote and the Unit) even though the standby LED is on. but afer power recycle all came good. Does anybody encount this problem? should I talk to my dealer about this?
  • aud19
    Twin Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2003

You might want to bring it in to your dealer and see if you can re-create the problem. If nothing else he'll be able to help you troubleshoot.

Jason
    Jason

Comment

• Azeke
      Super Senior Member
      • Mar 2003

Sounds like Jason has provided some sound advice. I certainly haven't experienced this issue.

You may also want to ensure you have the lastest firmware version installed.

Regards,

Azeke

Comment

• DelRay
        • Jun 2004

I've had a similar with my 1068. Twice I've went to turn it on and the standby light was not on. The unit could not be turned on by remote or by pushing the power button. I have it plugged into a Monster 3500. I pushed the reset button on the 3500. It still doesn't come on. So I unplug the 1068 from the preamp recepticle and use another one, and it comes on. I can then unplug it from that one and plug it back into the original outlet, and it works fine. The 3500 may be the culprit. Not sure though.

Comment

• jstaylor
          • Jul 2004

I also had this problem with my 1098. I tried reinstalling firmware, running through a Monster Power Center, not running through the monster, changing outlets, etc. Still had the intermittant problem. Finally just had a replacement 1098 sent out and haven't had the problem once since then. I'd ask for a swap.

Comment

• Zzap
            • Sep 2003

I've had this problem once recently after having the unit for a year. After a power cycle it worked again.
            I'm leaning towards keeping the unit and not sending it off for a check - not worth the hassle.
            In your case - with a brand new unit two weeks old and already having this problem twice - I'd call my dealer straight away.
            /John

Comment

• Jason Brown
              • Jan 2004

Mine has done this twice in the seven months I've owned it. Not too bad since I use it every day, and I don't want to send it off because I'd go crazy without it.

Comment

• dedepas8
                • Aug 2004

Talked to a Rotel Tech today and we come to a conclusion that a glitch in power supply may had locked up the processor when power turn on initially. So he subjected that I put a surge projector in line and leave the unit on standby. I might give it a try.

Comment

• Hd4life
                  • Feb 2004

I've recently had this problem, just powering off the switch in the back of the 1098 seems to clear things up. Wierd though.

Comment

• Zzap
                    • Sep 2003

Originally posted by dedepas8
                    Talked to a Rotel Tech today and we come to a conclusion that a glitch in power supply may had locked up the processor when power turn on initially. So he subjected that I put a surge projector in line and leave the unit on standby. I might give it a try.
                    That explanation does not fit with my usage.
                    I always use standby mode - I never turn off the unit.

The last time I turned the unit fully off was back in may for a period of 10 days when I actually disconnected the powercable from the socket before leaving on holidays.

Good luck through.

Edit:
                    Thinking about it I recall two power-outages since may.
                    Don't think either was near the unit malfunction but I'll keep it in mind if it happens again...
                    /John

Comment

• JazzGuyy
                      • Nov 2003

Same problem, caused by power outages

I have lots of brief power outages here in Central Virginia during summer thunderstorms. If the outage is at all extended, I get the same problem. Turning off and on the rear power switch always fixes it. I assume this is circuit protection kicking in. I'm on a surge protector too.

Comment

• Sithlord
                        • Aug 2004

1098 Shut off problem

I have posted this reply on another thread but just saw this one so here is my tale of woe.

It's very interesting that people are bringing up this problem as it has just started with mine. The unit has worked flawlessly after the firmware update 2.12 (not the new one with the display option off) and now all of a sudden the screen will not come on after holding down the menu button to turn it off. The screen refuses to come back on even after pressing all relevent buttons and pressing buttons on the unit itself (Menu Button). Even turning it off and on (with remote and back of unit) will not initiate it. After trying over 10 times it finally comes on using the remote but if I turn it off we go throught the whole process again. It's only started to get worse this weekend and it's very annoying. I'm not a big fan of the next firmware where you can turn it off permanatly (if that is what it will be), as I like to see the volume display not just guess or remember what it was before. The clicking sound or the display coming on during volume changes is fine and only needs to be done a few times if your interrupted during your movie/music session. I now believe this to be a problem with the unit now as it has never done this before so I will be calling my Hi-Fi shop tomorrow but wont accept repair as yet with Starwars just around the corner. Great timing as usual but I don't think it's ever a good time for equipment to malfunction and I'm a little disappointed with the reliabilty of the 1098 mine in particular, but I know others are very happy with theirs so I will leave it at that. I will keep everyone posted if there is indeed an issue with the unit or with the 2.12 firmeware over a period of time. I have also noticed display break up if thats what you call it where after exciting the menu sometimes theres is a little graphic that is still on screen but if you display the menu again it goes away. This has happened quite a few times but it's not a big deal so I haven't bothered mentioning it. Is anyone else experiencing these kinds of issues with their 1098s?

Comment

• Sithlord
                          • Aug 2004

1098 LCD Screen

Just an update I'm having the 1098 picked up and repaired on Monday next week. The screen is just playing up too much so again the unit goes off for repair :roll: I'll keep you all posted.

Comment

Working...
                          Searching...Please wait.
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                          There are no results that meet this criteria.
                          Search Result for "|||"