Set Rotel 1055 speaker settings large or small?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NHT
    • Mar 2004

Set Rotel 1055 speaker settings large or small?

Im using Rotel 1055 and 1095 with B&W CDM7nt. What is recommended for speaker size? Small or large? My instinct is to set them to large as they are 3 way speakers but have heard that I should set them as small. What do you think?
  • theMaximus
    • Jul 2004

If you have a subwoofer and use it for listening to stereo music, it may be better to set your speakers as small. If you either don't have subwoofer or don't use it to listen to music, set your speakers as large. Setting the CDM7nt as small would block anything below your crossover set point from going to CDM7nt. Keep in mind that CDM7nt is quiet capable of producing good bass.

Ultimately, take out your favorite music CDs or DVDs and try both settings. Your ears and your ears alone should be the judge of which setting sounds better.
    Victory Shall Be Mine!!! :heh:

Comment

• farbs
      • Jun 2004

I had the same issue not long ago!!
      The way I overcame this was to set the speakers to small and set the crossover at 80 for watching movies. For stereo I set the sub to off. This allows the amp to send all signals to the speakers anyway so I figure I am getting the best of both worlds. I like my stereo 2ch no sub.
      I guess size doesn't really matter, it's how you use it that counts or in this case how you set it up :W
      Anyway I hope this helps

Comment

• booktrunk
        • Aug 2004

I have CDM 7NTs. What I do is use analogue bypass on the CD Input so straight to them and lthat way of course they are treated as large.

When I want to use the sub I just listen via the DVD Input (same player which has the analogue outputs going into the cd input). The crossover for that is 40.

With movies i've got it set to small but with the crossover at 40 which is what the 7NTs can do. I'm thinking of moving the changeover to 60 to try it but know my sub has a dip around 55-65 Hz so will probably stick with 40 for the crossover.

Steff

EDIT: I've got a 1068 and I have 2 x RB-1070 so I can bi-amp each of the fronts and a 985 MK II running all the other 5 channels.

EDIT2: Cleaning up a few of my typos.
        "Whether sad, angry, distressed, eager, or playful, elephants are this in a big way"

"The way in which our society deals with minorities is a guide to our civilisation."

Comment

• aud19
          Twin Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2003

Set them to small and experiment with the crossover for movies and likely full range for music

Jason
          Jason

Comment

• Azeke
            Super Senior Member
            • Mar 2003

I would also set speakers to small, based on my experimentation. Two of the most critical settings, are the speaker delays, which are established from the primary sitting position, and speaker calibration, as measured with an SPL meter, these are fundamental elements, you must ensure these are set correctly.

Once these fundamental elements have been completed, it just becomes a matter of personal taste. There are many other variables to consider (speaker placement, room acoustics, etc.), but I consider these the most critical. Your mileage of course may vary.

Just my quick thoughts.

Hope this helps,

Azeke

Comment

• NHT
              • Mar 2004

I lost my instruction booklet so Im at a lost on how to set the speaker delays. Is this setting critical for the right sound? Could you help me set my speaker delays? The two fronts are 11 ft from listening area. Center is 12 ft from listening area. And the two fronts are 9 ft apart. Thanks in advance for your help. BTW I have the Rotel 1055/1095 combo

Comment

• Azeke
                Super Senior Member
                • Mar 2003

Originally posted by NHT
                I lost my instruction booklet so Im at a lost on how to set the speaker delays. Is this setting critical for the right sound? Could you help me set my speaker delays? The two fronts are 11 ft from listening area. Center is 12 ft from listening area. And the two fronts are 9 ft apart. Thanks in advance for your help. BTW I have the Rotel 1055/1095 combo

This should help you.

RSX-1055 Maunual

Good Luck,

Azeke

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"