X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • simonb68
    • Jan 2003

Bass mgmt on RSX-1055

Hi.

I apologise if this is common knowledge, but I have read quite a lot on this issue here and on HTF, and am still not entirely sure. Does the bass management issue affect the RSX-1055? If so, I do not have a sub and my fronts are set to large, rears to small. What, if any, impact does the problem have in this setup?

Thanks
    Simon
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

The basemanagement is identical between the 1055 and 1066 but since you don't have a sub you have nothing to worry about.

Comment

• Mats
      Special Member
      • Jun 2000

Andrew,

what if I have a SUB ? I went through lots of posts, but I don't quite understand the problem.

Thanks.
      Mats
      Mats Strömberg
      Ah! It's a profit deal! Takes the pressure off! Get your weight guessed right here! Only a buck! Actual live weight guessing! Take a chance and win some crap!
      Navin R Johnson (alias Steve Martin)

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

Try reading this thread for Dre's excellent bass management report.

Comment

• phuz
          • Jan 2003

That still doesn't really explain the problem for most people. Can anyone explain it simply?

Am I right when I say the main problem is that the sub is either on or off for all sources? In other words it can't be on for 5.1 and off for 2ch without making the change manualy?

==============
          -phuz

My Setup
          ==============
          -phuz

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2000

as I understand it everything works fine for DD and DTS and works as it should for 2 channel so long as you either set your mains to small or run them as large but set your sub to off. The biggest issue is with the multichannel inputs where bass is sent to any speaker set to small as well as the LFE channel so you get a doubleing of bass in those speakers. The problem here though is that there's no set in stone standard for bass management on analog inputs

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"