X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RotelNewbie
    • Aug 2004

Rotel 1068 bug??

I am having an issue with my new Rotel 1068 on initial power up. Using a macro sequence to power up the TV, Proc, and Cable box (in that order), I get sound, but no video from the Cable input. Cycling to any other input then back to Cable fixes the problem. It's a Motorola HDTV box, component vid connections from box to Rotel, and Rotel to display. F/W version is 1.1.6 (haven't got around to trying the upgrade yet...). Saw this in the release notes... "Corrected a bug causing no progressive video passthrough on initial powerup when OSD is set to off."

Could this be the problem? OSD is set to off in the Rotel setup, should I enable it to fix the problem? Or should I just upgrade the f/w?
  • aud19
    Twin Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2003

Well I'd start by upgrading the FW but you may also want to try starting the cable box first so the 1068 has a signal to lock on to.

Jason
    Jason

Comment

• Ezgoin
      • Aug 2004

If you're outputting through the component video outputs into a high-def TV, I had the same problem. Upgrading firmware to v.1.17 cures this problem.
      -Eric

Comment

• Bostonears
        • Mar 2004

RotelNewbie,

The 1.1.7 firmware upgrade fixes the exact problem you're having with component video input.

By the way, with a Motorola DCT5000 or DCT6000 series HDTV cable box (I've got one too), there is no power savings by turning the cable box off. Actually it just goes into a mode that switches off the channel display and video output, but the internals are running at full power. Since the Moto HDTV box does not have discrete power on/off commands (only a power toggle), you will simplify your remote control macro by just leaving the cable box on all the time.

Comment

• RotelNewbie
          • Aug 2004

Bostonears, thanks for the advice. I wondered why the box was always so darn warm! I'll do the f/w upgrade and also leave the cable box on. Thx all!

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"