X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Taco
    • May 2003

Rotel and B&W Nautilus 802's?

Anyone have any experience with the combo? I'm wondering if the Rotel RMB 1075 will be enough to drive it for my HT or at least until I can get a biggger 2 channel amp for the fronts.
  • spacey
    • Feb 2003

I use a 1075 to drive Nautilus 804s as front speakers. While this combo sounds fine, I seriously doubt that the 1075 will have enough juice to properly drive 802s.

Spacey.

Comment

• Kevin D
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Oct 2002

I doubt you would get all that you expect out of that combo. A 1095 *MIGHT* do it, but in our showroom we have a 1090 running our set of 802's and they really come alive with that much power..

Kevin D.

Comment

• Scarp
        • Mar 2003

Generally speaking the 5 channel amps of Rotel dont have the power to control 802's. They need a good 2 channel amp like the 1080 and prefferably 1090 to be under control. The 1090 is good value for money, although other brands like Classe could make the 802 sound better, but those are more expensive.

Comment

• jaakan
          • Dec 2002

The RMB 1075 can handle the 800 sig and all the rest of the 800s but will never sound right until you put more money in to the amp. Something on the same level as a Krell CAV300i or Classe's amps.

Comment

• Taco
            • May 2003

How about the Rotel RB 1090 or the 1080? Or should I look to another brand if I'm dealing with these speakers?

Comment

• jaakan
              • Dec 2002

Sunfire, Bryston. If I were you I'd A / B the 1090 + Nautilus 802 vs other amps you can demo and pick the one you like the best, sound wise.

Comment

• ZX 6R
                • Jan 2003

The 1090 does a very good job with 802s. In our store that's usually what we have hooked up. As with other Rotel pieces it offers a pretty fantastic sound for the money. If you want to extract the full performance of the nautilus, though you'd be looking at something else besides a Rotel at this point in time. Chord, Krell, Mark Levinson, Halcro, and Classe come to mind as probably what I'd try to audition in addition to the Rotel. An interesting note is that Classe is distributed by the same folks that do Rotel and B&W. Not only that, but Classe now has the former top man from Levinson. Depending on your time frame, I believe they will have some new products coming out by the end of the year. Styling will also be by Morten Warren who does the styling for B&W as well. It should be some absolutely killer stuff from what I've heard.....Again to recap the 1090 will get you basically about 90% of the performance of anything else out there regardless of price, if you want that extra last 10% you'd have to go elswhere and pay WAAAAAYYYYY more............Whatever you decide to look at remember the entire nautilus series just LOVES power....the more the better.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                😂
                🥰
                😘
                🤢
                😎
                😞
                😡
                👍
                👎
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"