X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jraducha
    • Aug 2004

Problem with RSX-1067

Hello all. Im new to your fourms. I have been reading these fourms for some time now and just signed up to post.

I have just put together my first home theater and I am having some problems at this time. I just purchased about a week ago a RSX-1067, Marantz 6400 DVD player and dynaudio speakers. I could only afford the Audience series beacuse I bought the Dynaudio speakers for my car too... but hey at least it is a start. (im only 20) And dont laugh but I have it set up in my bedroom that is 14ft by 11ft or so...

Well on to my problem....

I got the marantz player because it plays SACDS and DVD-A but I dont hear my SACDS in 5.1. Am I doing something wrong. I have it hooked up through "multi-input" I damn cable I needed to hook it up cost me an arm and leg. The cd I was listening to was Dark Side of The Moon and a few others. How sound I set up the rotel to play them in 5.1? I even hit the multi inut button but nothing????

Thanks all...
  • redbears
    • Aug 2004

Not sure on the Rotel, but is the DVD player outputting SACD/DVDA in 5.1? Reason I ask is some DVD players with 5.1 out for DVDA/SACD may default to a PCM downmix out of the box, until changed.

If you can check the settings of the DVD player too! I am sure others here may help with the Rotel. I haven't hooked my SACD player up yet, but can't wait as that CD sounds great, and should sound even better with the new gear.

Comment

• aud19
      Twin Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2003

Likely the player hasn't been set up properly. Read the players manual and make sure you set up all the options for DVD-A/SACD in the player and then make sure the Rotel is on the Multi input.

Jason
      Jason

Comment

• Azeke
        Super Senior Member
        • Mar 2003

Yes, I concur, sounds like an improper setup on the DVD player. Check the manual as suggested, esp., the trouble-shooting section.

Regards,

Azeke

Comment

• Jraducha
          • Aug 2004

thanks all...my analog was set up in 2.0..not 5.1 it works now!

Comment

• Azeke
            Super Senior Member
            • Mar 2003

That's actually what happen to me when I intially hooked up my Pioneer 59 in multi-channel mode. Boy, my memory is really getting bad :roll: . Glad you figured things out :T.

Regards,

Azeke

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"