X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • shannow
    • Aug 2004

question about power...

Hello,
    I sure wasn't expecting that when I was browsing the net but I'm glad I've found a forum dedicated to Rotel !! I've just reserved the Triangle Celius speakers http://www.triangle-fr.com/gammes-2003/celius202.htm after having tried it with my philips cd713 cd player and as I own an old rotel ra-412 I tryied the sytem with the ra-01 and I really liked the sound but my question is: is the rotel ra-01 enought for these speakers witch are quite efficient (92db/w/m) ? I didn't find any problem when I tried it at the shop it could play loud althought I certainly didn't push it hard either I'm not interessed in loud sound .. but it's just because I have people telling me not enought power and price for these speakers .I need a ra-1062 they say but I haven't got that money sorry T_T (also I would have thought that the sound quality would be about the same (rotel powaa !!! ) it's just a question of power or am I wrong?

thanks
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Well more power typically means increased dymanics at all volumes but given that you're running pretty efficient speakers your existing amp should do you just fine for the time being. You can always upgrade at a later date if you wish but I'd bet you'll be pretty impressed as it is.

Comment

• shannow
      • Aug 2004

With the ra-412 it'll be good ? I don't know what's it's capabilities because i've only used it with ditton 15 from celestion .... and it's so old that i would expect a good sound from it well i'll give it a try anyway if you say that this amplifier is good enought
      thanks

Comment

• shannow
        • Aug 2004

I'll try to get the ra-01 (i've got no use for a remote...so no ra-02). Rotel is an exellent brand and I've already been highly impressed by the test that i did one the ra01 and my own old rotel . It has got very dynamic sound ,a lot of punch and pretty bright ... I listen a lot to speed melodic metal , symphonic metal , death metal , power metal and all that kind of stuff with of course many other kind such as mike oldfield , danny elfman , but less ... oh I listen as well to games original soundtrack music sometimes... so rotel I think is exellent for handling the kind of music that I listen to ...

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"