X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • trudg
    • Jul 2004

Rotel RSP-1098 Firmware version - v3.1.0-040525

Hi Guys,

I just got around to checking the firmware of my new toy (have had it for around a month now) and it comes up as v3.1.0-040525.

I though the latest version was 2.1.3 or something like that, does anyone know anything about this version?

Cheers,

Trudg.
  • aud19
    Twin Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2003

Sounds like they're shipping new units with an updated FW and likely it will be available shortly on their site also

Thanks for the heads up :T

Jason
    Jason

Comment

• Aussie Geoff
      Super Senior Member
      • Oct 2003

Trudg,

The new RSP-1098's have updated firmware version 3.10 to primarily support the new TFT screen they have included (different hardware model than the old one requiring different firmware drivers etc). This kind of "on the run" change is common with Rotel who usually go through several hardware revisions / changes in a models life... (Noting to get excited over - just later technology TFT screen and drivers)

Rotel's issuing of Firmware has (seemingly) become a little "chaotic" with the 2.13 release actually developed in April and still not on the Web site... Indeed the 0405025 designation at the end refers to a build date for the software of 25 May 2004 - so there are a few out there with this software..

I am told that it will "all be sorted out soon" and we will get the new 3.10 (or maybe later) software - but who knows - the Rotel Web site has (nearly) always been relatively badly maintained (not showing products months after they are on sale etc)...

Perhaps Andrew can use his USA Rotel Connections to get them to "get their act into gear" and post some of the new releases that are out there for the waiting masses (like us). It seems a shame that the Rotel software engineers work on these great updates and then we don't get them issued....

PS - I have avoided mentioning this new software until now as I was privy to the information on a confidential basis... Rest assured they are working on some good sofware and hardware updates and changes... (It's just all "up in the air" as to what will be released when...)

Geoff

Comment

• Harl
        • Jul 2002

Firmware wish...

Hope this is not in the wrong place but...If I could have ONE thing changed with the 1098 it would be to have the font of the volume in the TFT screen be larger than it is. I can not see it from the distance to my rack. Am I the only one that is being driven crazy by this?? With my 1066 it was not a problem because (when they added volume on the display) it was in a large enough font to read from the couch. Does anyone know if this can be added at some time? Could some of you with some contact w. Rotel see if this issue can pe pushed? Thanks!

Comment

• Aussie Geoff
          Super Senior Member
          • Oct 2003

Harl,

Thanks for the feedback - this is already on the RSP-1098 wish list (since last year and is with Rotel)

Try HERE for more information

Geoff

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2000

I'd heard about this release as well but like Geoff neither of us can really say when it's likely to be released to the public...and to be honest I'm not sure Rotel knows the answer yet either

Comment

• GosonFletchy
              • May 2004

The 3.1.0 is the same as the 2.1.3, but it is for the newer TFT. It has the drivers and such for the different model TFT screen. This does not mean that the screen is any better or worse, so don't think that you are missing out on anything here folks.

G

:grab:

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"