X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • terrynguyen
    • Aug 2004

Anthem MCA 5 series 1 vs. Rotel RMB 1075

I read that many people in this forum really like the rotel 1068/1075/1080. I am planning on getting the 1068 but wonder how Anthem MCA 5 compare to Rotel 1075? I watch 40% movie and 60% music. Thank you. :B
  • aud19
    Twin Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2003

The 1068 will sound good with lot's of amps including, the Rotel 1075/1080, limited only to your budget and availability. The only way to confirm what amp(s) you'll like best is to go listen and compare and decide based on your individual budget. Depending on where you live you may have domestic amp companies that are good price/performance options for you as well.

You may get more/better responses to this if you post in the Home Theatre section of HTGuide too as a Rotel forum will obviously be full of Rotel specific info

Jason
    Jason

Comment

• terrynguyen
      • Aug 2004

Thank for the tip since this is my first time posting here. But i am going for the Rotel amp since i got a good deal on it.

Comment

• gzubeck
        • Aug 2004

Anthem MCA 5!

Terry,

I've owned my Anthem mca 5 for a couple of years and the very clean 200 watts per channel is excellent...for the money it can't be beat...I would say you would have to go to a bryston amp at more than 50% more cost just to get a 5% improvement...let me know what you think...at the very least see if you can get a demo model between the rotel/bryston/anthem amps!

gzubeck@cox.net

Comment

• Elmac
          • Apr 2004

I like Anthem Amp, as well as like Rotel Amps, You have to listen to them Both. I think Anthem Amps sound Cleaner at the lower Volume, and since I listen to allot of Music at lower Volume thats why my fronts are driven by Anthem I was considering Bryston 4B SST but it was twice the money what I paid for Anthem Statement A2 amp and Rotel RB1080 was cheaper than A2 but didn't sound as clean at lower Volume as the other 2.
          Don't get me wrong Rotel is a Great AMP and I will not trade my 1075 for anything. But you have to get your ear do the picking
          Hope this helps
          Elmac
          All HT Signals Processed by D2 for Ultimate Experience

Comment

• Mad Maxx
            • Sep 2004

I am in the process of deciding which amp to purchase. The Anthem MCA 5 or the Rotel 1075. Is the Anthem worth $800.00 than the Rotel, as this is the price difference.

Comment

• Elmac
              • Apr 2004

I would listen to both before making a decision. Also base your decision on will you ever require balanced inputs or not, If not than RMB1075 is probably a better choice, If you do think that in the future you may require balanced inputs that I would seriously consider MCA-50. They both sound really good but I do recommend to listen to them both and let your ear make the decision, and don't forget the price difference is it worth to you extra $800.00
              Hope this Helps
              Elmac

Comment

• Mad Maxx
                • Sep 2004

Thanks for the thoughts. What is the benefits of the balanced inputs. My thought process was to go with an amp first (Ie Rotel) and follow up with the matching processer next spring.

Comment

• Elmac
                  • Apr 2004

And don't forget MCA-50 has 60 more Watts per channel
                  RMB-1075 - 120W
                  MCA-50 - 180W(all channels driven)
                  BTW, MCA-5 is an older model, so make sure you don't buy an older model amp.
                  Elmac

Comment

• Elmac
                    • Apr 2004

Balanced XLR connection offer the highest transmission quality, particularly over long cable lengths, because it rejects noise and hum pickup.
                    hope this will answer your last question
                    Elmac

Comment

• Mad Maxx
                      • Sep 2004

Picked Rotel

Thanks for all your information. After listening to both the Anthem and the Rotel, I decided on the Rotel 1075. I found it to be smoother and better for Home Theater...which is 90% of what I am using it for. Looking forward to hooking it up today. Next step is the processor, probably in the spring.

Comment

• Elmac
                        • Apr 2004

Hey congrats,
                        That's y I use 1075 too
                        You will be very Happy with it
                        Elmac

Comment

Working...
                        Searching...Please wait.
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                        There are no results that meet this criteria.
                        Search Result for "|||"