This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rohit1712
    • May 2005

Dilemma??? PreOwned Lexicon/Brand New Rotel RSP - 1068/Brand New Lexicon MC-8

Hi,

I am renewing my HT system.Need Advice.
    I recently bought the following:
    Main Front Speakers: B&W DM603 S3 Floorstanding
    Main Centre: B&W LCR60 S3 Centre Speaker
    Rear Surrond: B&W DM600 S3 surrond speakers
    Power Amp: Rotel RMB1075 120W x 5 (High current five channel amplifier)

I already own:
    Yamaha AV Receiver 1200
    JAMO subwoofer X800 (350Watts RMS)
    Bose satellite speakers 15 to 200 watts RMS (Used in my bedroom)

Usage:

40%:
    1)Primary for listening to shared music available on the net. I have Stored plenty in my iPod. Why iPod? Because that way I can have a Jukebox (Party Shuffle feature) running for a specified time. Most of the Music is AAC encoded (Apple's Proprietory) and sampled at 256 kbps

40%
    2)Watching DVD's

20%
    3)Listening to Compact Disc

The setup is such that I can watch movies in one room(HT room) and listen to Music in another(Bedroom). Only the Bose speakers are placed in my bedroom rest of the setup is in the HT room

I need to change my receiver for three reasons:

1)My receiver is configured to use the subwoofer so when watching movies the setup is OK. But when listening to stereo in the bedroom the bass/LFE is transfered to the subwoofer and bass is heard in the HT room.The yamaha receiver has a default setting for the subwoofer so its either "there" or "not there".

2)Given the size of the rooms (Both are approx: 15" x 12")There are not much options to control for the speakers (read that some seperate processors have the capability to let you adjust the sound levels on a "speaker" basis). The bass is horrible from the Jamo subwoofer if the volume is increased to level 2 (There are six sound levels inbuilt in the subwoofer) So I suppose I am not getting the money's worth. So, Probably a processor which can provide customisation for each channel.

3)Since I already have a separates for Amplification why not go for a processor seperate which i will benefit from. Moreover my existing processor is not that good to convert the audio signals from the ipod (256 kbps AAC encoded) to 2 channel

I have considered purchasing Rotel RSP-1068 and a two channel power block Rotel RB-1070

Krell,Lexicon etc.. seem to expensive.Should I consider these brands instead of Rotel? Which Brand and model for a processor and a two channel power amplifer would be a good companion to the setup I have. Any Suggetions, Advices please.

I have recently contacted my dealer he has actually given me three options for a processor:

Brand New Lexicon MC-8 (Does cost a Ton) or

Pre-Owned Lexicon MC-1 (Is Cheaper to the RSP-1068 in Price) and of Course the ..

Brand New Rotel RSP - 1068

I think I will go for the Lexicon MC-1 since it will give me a better Audio each and every time I play it. I read from in forums that the Rotel RSP-1068 doesn't sound that great over a period of time.

Has anyone compared the old lexicon MC-1 for 2 channel audio with the Rotel RSP-1068. Your opinion is desperately needed.

Yeah about the Two channel Power Amplifier any advises there

Thank you members for your reply.
Working...
Searching...Please wait.
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
There are no results that meet this criteria.
Search Result for "|||"