X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tony
    • Jun 2004

RMB 1075 & RSP 1068 or RSX-1067

----> a RMB 1075 with RSP 1068 or the single Receicer 1067? The price is almost the same. What would you prefer?

Tony
  • sirbogey
    • Mar 2006

I always prefer separates. But in my case, space is an issue, so I went for the receiver.

Comment

• bzrk
      • Oct 2005

get separates... its easier to upgrade
      Last edited by bzrk; 20 April 2006, 13:07 Thursday.
      Gr. Sebastian

Comment

• H.Donald
        • Aug 2004

Once you go separates....you never go back.

Comment

• Nolan B
          Super Senior Member
          • Sep 2005

$10 says no one could get 10 out of 10 on a blind test.

Buying today I wouldnt say seperates is best for upgrading because I can get a 1067 for the same price as a 1068, and both wil need to be changed soon.

Normally I would say seperates, but i would say it doesnt really matter unless space is an issue.

Comment

• ICEMAN70
            • Apr 2006

Originally posted by Vancouver
            Hi Vancouver,

First off sorry to say you guy's couldn't make it to the playoffs. I would have love to see Calgary Flames and Vancouver again.

But for your question, you are right. I can't tell the difference between the RSX 1067 and the Seperates. The 1067 is a great receiver. I could have got the 1067 for $3000 canadian with GST included. If you can find a used one i would say go for it.

Comment

• aud19
              Twin Moderator Emeritus
              • Aug 2003

Seperates

Edit: How about the 1056 + 1075

and... let's not talk about the Canucks :cry:
              Jason

Comment

• Sim reality
                • Aug 2005

Well if Tony is from Europe, I think the 1068 is actually cheaper then the 1056 which in that case he might as well get the 1068 + 1075 which would be a better deal.

Comment

• Elvis
                  • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Vancouver

Buying today I wouldnt say seperates is best for upgrading because I can get a 1067 for the same price as a 1068, and both wil need to be changed soon.

Normally I would say seperates, but i would say it doesnt really matter unless space is an issue.
                  I don't know about 10 of 10 but it always surprises me when people say they can't hear a difference,I guess they can't.I've owned many Rotel products and still own some,the 1056 don't sound like the 1068,neither does the 1067,imo.The differences are not night and day but suttle,the kind of suttle that makes you smile when that note sounds just right.The 1056/67 are great units and I've suggested them often,for many they are all thats required.But,no tuner or amp sharing power must have some effect because music is more enjoyable.If you don't go all out for HT these units sound very similar,for music the 1068/1075 has the edge,just my opinion.

Comment

• Aussie Geoff
                    Super Senior Member
                    • Oct 2003

Hi,

I agree with Elvis - i can hear the difference between the RSP-1068 / RMB-1075 combo and either the RSX-1056 or RSX-1067...

I'd definetly get the separates at the same price - much greater flexibility... For example if in a few years you want a new processor (and processors date rapidly) to support the new formats like DD HD and DTS HD and do things like HDMI switching and upscaling - you can change the processor and keep the amp... And Rotel processors always have good resale.. Even the older generaiton RSP-1066 has still held its value remarkably well...

Geoff

Comment

• bleeding ears
                      • Nov 2004

One more thing, the 1075 amp does approx 2 x 150 watts or 5 x 120 or 130 watts and can manage 4 Ohm speakers without a problem, not sure if a receiver will handle 4 Ohm as well.

I dont think you will get as many watts from the receivers as you would with the 1075 amp, but yes they do throw in a tuner!

For anyone who listens closely to the sound they get, I think it would not be long before upgrade itis gets you and you want a better set up.

In that case the seperates are my choice, after all this seems like a never ending or never good enough hobby.

The secret is to not listen to anyone elses set up and then you will be happy.

Both set ups are good IMHO

Comment

• Nolan B
                        Super Senior Member
                        • Sep 2005

on a side note and just an FYI I do belive the 1067 is more then just extra power then the 1056. Unlike the 1056 it utilizes toroidal transformers (same as their seperates).

Comment

• bleeding ears
                          • Nov 2004

Yes, but are toroids better?

Apparently they are more efficient and produce more power for their size than other amps, but do they actually contribute to better sound?

Perhaps they just produce more watts per dollar?

Eg the toroidal Rotel Rmb1075 amp retails in Australia for $1600.
                          I own a Sony 5 channel amp, the (TA-N9000ES) which is not toroidal.
                          My Sony 9000es has been rated at very similar output into 8 Ohms as the 1075, however the Sony retailed for $2150

From this I must conclude that toroidal transformers are cheaper to produce.

I have read somewhere that op amps are actually better, its just that they are more costly watt for watt.

I could be wrong but cost is always the No 1 factor for manufacturers, sound quality has to come second, other wise they would eventually go broke.

Hmmmm... this could be a good thread to start. In fact I might get onto it right now at Audio Hideout.

Pete

Comment

• Nolan B
                            Super Senior Member
                            • Sep 2005

Originally posted by bleeding ears
                            Yes, but are toroids better?
                            considering they use teroids in all of their external amps (aside form class d)I would say yes. Its unlikey they would choose a better amp for the 1056 then all of their top end power amps.

Comment

Working...
                            Searching...Please wait.
                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                            There are no results that meet this criteria.
                            Search Result for "|||"