X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Muad'Dib
    • May 2003

Planning an upgrade...

I'm planning an upgrade, but I'm really not sure what to go with. My primary objective is to get the best stereo sound I can get with my equipment without spending the most money. However, I am not worried if the overall sound of my home theater improves as well.

I have 2 possibilities which I've been toying with. The first one which seems to me to be the better option would be to go with the Rotel RSP 1066. I believe this will give me significantly better music as well as a much better sounding home theater. However I haven't been able to listen to it yet so this is why I'm asking you guys. I plan on listening to it next month when I can get down to my dealer. I think that using the Rotel RSP 1066 would be a better pre/pro than the Denon 4802 I have now and then I could just use the amps in the Denon to drive my rears and center (my system is described below).

The second option would be to get a pair of Nautilus 805's which I believe would increase my stereo tremendously, however not have that great an impact on my home theater. They would also cost me over a grand more - I'm in grad school with very little money to put towards my stereo unfortunately.

My current rig includes: Denon 4802, Rotel RCD 1070, LINN 5105 stereo amp, Jamo E870's for fronts, Jamo E8 rears, and a B&W Nautilus HTM 2 for a center channel. I have a lousy Samsung DVD player and some cables along with it.

Let me know what you think would be the better of the two options.

Thanks,
    Muad'Dib

"Drag racing is for people who don't know how to downshift and brake at the same time."
    "Drag racing is for people who don't know how to downshift and brake at the same time."
Working...
Searching...Please wait.
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
There are no results that meet this criteria.
Search Result for "|||"