X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gigo71
    • Jun 2006

URGENT! Help needed with HT setup, Rotel vs Arcam vs B&K vs Jamo

HELP!!

I have just sold my Nad stereo equipment in order to get my first HT setup. I have Magnepan MMG speakers and a small room, about 10 ft long by 8 ft wide.
    I am an avid ebayer and from what I have seen in recent auctions, I might be able to get the following receivers (I dont have the space or $ for separates..) for more or less the same price, but have no chance of listening to them, from what I have read they are all very well respected, but I will have to rely on your opinions..

Rotel RSX-1056, used, $600 to $700?
    ARCAM DIVA AVR-200 used, $500 to $600?
    B&K AVR202 used, $500 to $600?
    Jamo AVR793, This one I can get it new in a bundle with the DVD593 for $500 in secondact.biz

Since I will also need a good DVD player for my setup, I am leaning towards the Jamo combo, seems to be a very good price, but I LOVE the Rotel quality, and the B&K was the highest priced of all these when new (about double?!?), so I have completely NO IDEA of what to do!!!!

Help please?!?

Jose
  • Vinny
    • Mar 2006

If you wouldn't mind spending $100-200, I'd say go for the Rotel and get an Oppo DVD player(970 or 971 depends on what you need).
    B&K isn't bad but a good used one is only half the price may reflect something...... and so far B&K does not impress me with their reciever but only amp
    Pioneer KRP-500M
    Emotiva UMC-1
    Parasound 5125
    Oppo BDP-83
    Klipsch RF-3II, RC-3II, RB-5II
    SVS PB-10NSD

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"