X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RotelNewbie
    • Aug 2004

Trigger confusion - Rotel 1068

Man, there sure seems to be some confusion on this topic, reading through history. Anyway, my situtation is unique and I'm looking for any suggestions on a solution. I recently came home with a brand new RSP-1068 to replace my aged Marantz AV600/DP870 combo. Stopped at Radio Shack on the ride home to pick up the requisite 1/8" mono mini-plug to RCA adapter required for compatibility with the 5 Marantz MA500 monoblock amps, which use a standard RCA plug. Hooked up the cable to the Trigger 1 output on the Rotel, enabled all the triggers via the setup menus - nada. Went online to do some searching on the topic, found some older links describing similar experiences with other folks trying to integrate their Marantz amps to a Lexicon processor. The trigger interface for the Marantz (D-BUS, RC-5?) was described as sensing a "video" signal. Huh? Tried hooking up the composite vid out from the Rotel anyways, still didn't work. So basically I am not yet able to power up the 5 amps automatically. Considering purchasing a surge protector a-la Panamax, etc. which provides a 12V trigger capability and use its switched AC outlets to control the power to the amps. Worried about the all-at-once surge though. At least the amps powered up sequentially (and flawlessly) in the all-Marantz system. Pretty cool to watch. Does anybody have any similar experience with trying to control Marantz amps via a "standard" 12V trigger like on the 1068? I'm open to any alternate suggestion on how to accomplish this too... Thanks!
  • brucek
    HTG Expert
    • Aug 2000

From your user manual of the Marantz MA500 monoblock amps, what does it say the trigger input specifications are?

Comment

• RotelNewbie
      • Aug 2004

brucek,
      checked for that but no luck. no spec quoted in the user manual.
      thx

Comment

• Kevin D
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Oct 2002

Did a search, here's what I've found.

I use a mix of MA500s and MA700s. The MA500s will only trigger using
        Marantz's proprietary RC-5 bus or from each other. The MA700s trigger
        using Marantz D-Bus or 12V.

I trigger my MA700 using a video signal from the TV.
        This seems to be correct by most everything I read. The MA500's can only be controlled by Marantz controls, either a Marantz preamp or a MA700. The MA700 only has the 12v and composite triggers. You could look into a programable piece with each outlet having different delay times. Rotel's RLC-1050 would work.

Kevin D.

Comment

• RotelNewbie
          • Aug 2004

Thanks Kevin. I think I have come to the same conclusion, based upon my research. I am trying to locate a replacement MA-6100 monoblock for one of my MA-500s. It has the same specs as the MA-500, with the added feature of the 12V trigger like MA-700. Then I can feed the Rotel 12V trigger to the MA-6100 and daisy chain the rest of the MA-500s off of that using the RC-5. Thanks for your help

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"